ComputerCut is the biggest Joke in the tint industry !!!

jaketuckey

Be sure to get a tinsel strip to mount behind the plotter. It rests against the film as it passes through and helps disperse the static electricity. Some films are more troublesome than others.
Call your service center they should supply one n/c :confuse

Where can I get a tinsel strip?

On 10/27/2016 at 3:06 PM, blackoutauto said:

When I load film on my roland a 20" roll is 19"

most vehicles I cut using a 36" roll and if I need it larger I just cut it sideways :)

I cut all my ram windows and Silverado windows sideways. The ford ones sometimes I have to angle it

Very little wastage unless the pattern sucks.

truck_window.pngThis is a Silverado window

f150.pngNew F150 window

If you were to handcut this window you would need 24" x 36" = 48" x 36"

In the end its pretty much the same Size.

These photos are from precision cut off my pc

Are you a panel puller cause you ain't shrinking sideways film with great results. that's right I said ain't! 

On 5/9/2017 at 8:11 PM, Film_Pro said:

Where can I get a tinsel strip?

Slack your film in the back, baby powder your film, and throw a few microfibers in the slack for weight. problem solved. sucks i have to do this but it works.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, liltintgoddess said:

......I wanna pull my hair out...just started back into the industry, got a great gig...but they use a plotter. To say the very least I'm not impressed, not one bit, not even having been out of the game for 10+ years. It cuts and we re-cut or spend more time (in essence $$$) fighting the patterns to install. However, reading up on this website leads me to believe it's a software problem maybe?? Any insight to ease the frustration is much appreciated! Peace✌?️

You are doing something wrong.

I hate that for you. I been using First Cut for about 3 years now. And I would cry if I had to go back to cutting every car by hand. Love my Roland, and my software. All a matter of adapting to making the machine work for you. I know some people find the switch frustrating, but for me it was rather smooth. I have learned a bunch about the software I use, and how to adjust patterns to fit the way I want them to. Hope things get better for you. And if you can't get along with your current software. Give first cut a try. None are perfect, but I seem to like the first cut program better then anything I have seen or used yet. 

I hear great things about First Cut.  I am in the same boat, we have the plotter and more than one software, but just hate using it so we do not at this time.  Hopefully we will revisit soon.  On a side note, XPEL has been 100% spot on for window tinting on the 10 patterns I tested.  It is probably not worth the $150/month unless you are cutting PPF, but it is on point since they do the designs in-house same as PPF.  We also have Precision Cut from Llumar and it is a 50/50 crap shoot if the PPF/Tint pattern will be right.

First is usually pretty quick to get patterns to new vehicles up. Especially common vehicles. I did an 18 camry this week, and the patterns are already in the database. Same with the rogue sports that started arriving a couple weeks ago. However they do lack a little on windshield patterns. And you won't find patterns too many exotic cars in the system either. All in all. I am happy with the software. However myself and a couple friends use a fileshare program to save our patterns too. Mostly due to the fact that they are designed for panel on installation, and we are a bunch of panel snatchers that prefer the bottoms to be slightly longer.