135i help

Guest Allstarfb7

Guest shadowline

Defroster lines are the LEAST of your worries, you need to shrink the film first, for it to fit, what tools did you buy to do this?? Then after its shrunk you need to transfer it to the glass without getting tons of dirt under it, sorry mate leave the BM well alone

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but perhaps you could explain to me what you would do when tinting this specific car so I know everything involved with the project.

peece o pie. just clean the glass apply the product...let it dry and you'll be fine............ :dunno

no big deal.

:twocents

ive been tinting since 83' and those vehicles still make me nervous. Did you look on the vehicle makes and models section to get some advice on that specific car? I still do that. This is a great site for that reason!

Guest Allstarfb7

Yes I have looked and I perormed a search but didn't really get any specifics that would really help. I understand that I need to heat wrap the rear window and a Milwaukee heat gun is on it's way :thumb. And I'm not gonna take it outside and throw it in a toilet I'm going to be careful when applying the rear glass cause I know if dirt gets under it I'm screwed.

It's just I'm not a person that gives up easy and the way I see it is if someone else can do it why can't I. If I heat wrap the tint get rid of all the damn fingers clean everything. Do I just apply the tint over the defroster lines?

Yes I have looked and I perormed a search but didn't really get any specifics that would really help. I understand that I need to heat wrap the rear window and a Milwaukee heat gun is on it's way :thumb. And I'm not gonna take it outside and throw it in a toilet I'm going to be careful when applying the rear glass cause I know if dirt gets under it I'm screwed.

It's just I'm not a person that gives up easy and the way I see it is if someone else can do it why can't I. If I heat wrap the tint get rid of all the damn fingers clean everything. Do I just apply the tint over the defroster lines?

yes. it's all very simple, should be able to get it the 1st time.

Guest Allstarfb7

Haha half of the people I talk to sy to run for the hills an the other half say it's simple an I shouldn't worry! :thumb

Also why is metallic tint bad for BMWs? I just thought metallic tint was of better quality so I bought the best I could buy

Haha half of the people I talk to sy to run for the hills an the other half say it's simple an I shouldn't worry! :thumb

Also why is metallic tint bad for BMWs? I just thought metallic tint was of better quality so I bought the best I could buy

cuts down AM reception on every BMW I have owned.

Archived