135i help

Guest Allstarfb7

Guest Allstarfb7

well m sister never uses AM radio so im not worried about that, im just worried about damaging anything on the car. If I mess up the tint im not to worried ill just take it off...

and where is the ECU located on the 135I then?

I still havent recieved any info on why this car is so hard to tint?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, you must have ballz of brass and deep pockets to even think about learning how to tint on a BMW 135i, that'd be like teething on razor blades!! :thumb

You'd be lucky if the only thing you screwed up was the tint. Have you ever heard this "A fool and his money are soon parted"

Strip your own car if you really want to learn!!!

its not really hard but theres a couple things going against you

bmw owners suck, they are picky

difficult for a first car cuz you will need to shrink every window

its your sisters new car

and its a bmw

tight framless front doors

front doors shift

also metallic film will interfere w the keyless entry system on hot days

if I were to recommend anything it would be to remove the door panels. we just pull the rubbers out but idk if I can explain this to a first timer. some will say tuck, some will say just push the window out. IMO 2dr bmw's dont like to be tucked. if it has dots down the front doors it will b hard to heat them down if just tucked or slid behind the rubber. idk just isnt one I would recommend you attempting as a first car. a chevy silverado would be a great first time car to tint.

go on youtube, watch some videos, watch some more videos then maybe take a stab at it. work from easiest to hardest windows. good luck

Guest Allstarfb7

Haha Idk some people call it balls some call it being an idiot :p. Idk which I am... yet. Ive watched every video online I could find, and ive been reading every how to possible along with all the tips and tricks sections.

I know I could have payed for the tint but that isnt the point, I want to learn how to do it myself...

And is that true the metallic tint can interfere with the keyless entry? cause I ive in florida and there are alot of hot days here

so ill have to shrink every single window? can they all be done wet?

YO MANG YOU KNOW BOUT DEM BMW DRIVAS MANG?

DEM BMW DRIVAS BE LIKE PORCHUPINES ADN SHIZZZZZ....CEPT DEM PRICK BE ON DUH INSIDE MANG

haw haw haw haw NOW DAT DERRR BE FUNNY AND SHIZZZ MANG

HOLLA

DEM BMW BE CHILDS PLAY AND SHIZZZZ. I PAPAS SLANGED ONE DEM DOODS LAST WRRK DOWN IN THE ALLEY BEHIND WALLY MARTINEZ. DEM WINDAS BE GOIN UP AND DOWN AND SHIZZZZZ, GAPS ON THE BOTTOM LIKE AMUG MANG

DUH PRIZZZZNICK CUSSED ME OUT AFTAWADS DEN I SLAPPED DUH TASTE OUT OF HIM MOUF FO TALKIN SHIZZZ BOUT MY PAPA SLANGINS. JIGGGA LUCKY I DIDNT STAB HIM IN THE BUTTOCKS AND SHIZZZZ MANG

HOLLA!!!!!!

The 135 is not a hard car to do, but the advice so far is good advice.

1) Yes, metallic film will cause am radio interference and could affect keyless entry, bluetooth and sat radio if equipped.

2) Electronic control modules, battery and fuses are installed in the left and right rear quarter panels and possibly the trunk floor. If water runs into one or more of these prepare to pay a nice chunk of your money to get the car running again. And no warranty will not pay for water damage.

3) As for the defrosters, yes tint will lay over them but as said before "they are the least of your worries"

Good luck and god speed.

Archived