Great, Cheap, Korean Film

Guest filmfreak
Well, you blame corporations, and I blame corrupt government, but that doesn't mean it's alright, no matter what the reason.

We no longer have jobs to be able to buy the slave labor goods anyway.

Labor is only a small part of the reason Asian companies are able to offer less expensive products. In most Asian countries, there are "No" Governing agencies to hamper manufacturing companies, i.e. OSHA, EPA, etc. In the states the manufactures are constantly harrassed (perhaps harsh word, but you know what I mean), by Government agencies that require strict guidelines in producing materials. We as Americans need to pressure our Government to relax these standards to help our factories be more competitive. I'm not saying the Asian Countries are wrong, or we are right, but maybe that there is a middle ground somewhere. Our factoreis in the US get tested all the time for the VOC's they put into the atmosphere, where they dispose of their hazordus materials, etc., where in most Asian countires there are no such requirements, and they are free to do as they please$$$. These factors, along with less expensive wages, give the Asian companies a distinct advantage over our US mde products. We do have a slight advantage when we talk about "quality", but in time we will slowly lose that also. If the US wants to maintain any manufacturing, IMO, the Government needs to help the manufactures be more competitive, and I'm sorry to say, I do not see that happening any time soon.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you blame corporations, and I blame corrupt government, but that doesn't mean it's alright, no matter what the reason.

We no longer have jobs to be able to buy the slave labor goods anyway.

Corporations sponsor-corrupt-choose governments - that's TWO PARTS of BIG %&$#.

You can't imagine what happen here.

Reallly.....

Guest filmfreak

We can not depend on other Governments (especially Asian) to do anything that will help our interest. China right now has an option of devaluing their dollar to better level off the trade difference between them and us. I do not believe they will budge, even knowing our strong US economy will benifit them in the long run. If we are going o bring manufacturing back into our country, we need to make them competitive (this means around the world). I remember when the us manufactures (not just window film producers), first starting moving operations into Mexico, and other south American countires. The migration then started towards Asian countries. The advantage was "not" only less expensive labor, but ease of manufacturing operations. Many foreign Governments give big dollars and entice corporations to build plants and manufacturing operations in their countries. To combat this, the US Government needs to do SOMETHING, and needs to do it FAST! As many Asian companies are having quality issues recently, I feel now is the time for us to be assertive. We can not wait until they get there sh-- together, which they will (look at Japan as an example), it is only a matter of time...

Interesting subject... i know most tinters have their preference. I've been using sungard for about 10 years, then 3M and SunTek, Today i'm kind of stuck with SunTek.... over all opinion? is that good film to use... i love the service i get from the provider... they are truly looking out for their customers...

Guest filmslayer
Interesting subject... i know most tinters have their preference. I've been using sungard for about 10 years, then 3M and SunTek, Today i'm kind of stuck with SunTek.... over all opinion? is that good film to use... i love the service i get from the provider... they are truly looking out for their customers...

except for the fact that they will sell to someone across the street ...

Guest Malcolm E Boo

Or stitch up everybody and anybody at every oppurtunity.

Guest filmslayer

Or stitch up everybody and anybody at every oppurtunity.

not to mention their SRC sux ....

true black express window films read the banner for info good price awesome film lifetime warranty extruded poly so no color push like most korean films 1800filmnow

LOL... no color push on TB? Check out the great purpling of TB at the link below (scroll to the middle section that shows pictures)

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?sh...0&start=150

true black express window films read the banner for info good price awesome film lifetime warranty extruded poly so no color push like most korean films 1800filmnow

you know joe d... you're such a ass-kisser to Howard, its not even funny... its even funnier that you proclaim ewf's true black to better than other asian films out there... when theres obvious color changing (http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60708&st=0&gopid=830740entry830740 <-- a post about TB changing color).

next time, don't put down other films when you don't know squat.

To anyone who's interested in Asian made films...

1) 2ply glue-dyed constructed films are okay if you live in an area with a low UV index (your film will fade but will not turn purple)

2) never buy poly extruded dyed films from any asian manufacturer (true black and other asian films have shown the ills of color changing)

3) stick with global...or american made films (llumar, johnsons, sun-tek)

4) you pay for what you get

to ClassonGlass (Joe D.) and everyone who doubted me. pm micro-edge or the///man for verification: (http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64631&st=150&start=150)

Thats a link of what Express Window Film's True Black looks like in 6 months. Scroll to the middle of the page to see the picture of purpling (you'll see the edges are still their original shades)... I posted the above topic in october 2010 and its now June 2011.

EWF's Howard = Great guy with great cust. service... too bad he sells film that will purple within less than a year... (kind of ironic isnt it?) If I was such a great guy.. I would NEVER RECOMMEND TRUE BLACK TO MY CUSTOMER EVEN IF HE WANTED TO BUY IT FOR SUCH A LOW PRICE. Thats just my thoughts.

Archived