Great, Cheap, Korean Film

Dan, if you are ever in the San Diego area please accept my invitation to take a tour of our factory. It would be my pleasure to show you what we do here and why we do it so well. Call me when you are in the area, I'll get you a beer too :cool

Hi Wetint,

I think you should consider taking LTL up on his very gracious offer. They run a very, very impressive operation and you will learn a great deal. There is nothing like a factory tour to give you a real perspective on how challenging a task it is to manufacture this product. I am sure they will answer any questions you might have as well.

And of course - there is the beer!!!!

-Howard

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have toured Martinsville plant. Fugging amazing.

You should see Aurangabad !!!!!

True, Martinsville has some of the most advanced and modern coating & laminating facilities in the world, but one thing you will not get to see there is how the actual base polyester is made from the crude oil distillates.

To see that, you will have to travel about 7,500 miles east of Martinsville.

-Howard

Dan, if you are ever in the San Diego area please accept my invitation to take a tour of our factory. It would be my pleasure to show you what we do here and why we do it so well. Call me when you are in the area, I'll get you a beer too :cool

Hi Wetint,

I think you should consider taking LTL up on his very gracious offer. They run a very, very impressive operation and you will learn a great deal. There is nothing like a factory tour to give you a real perspective on how challenging a task it is to manufacture this product. I am sure they will answer any questions you might have as well.

-Howard

Thanks for the support Howard.

There is one more really cool thing about it too, the people. You get to meet and talk to those folks who take great pride in showing up everyday to make a product and they love to meet and talk to dealers. There is a face behind many of the products we sell and install, these are some of the few manufacturing jobs still here in the great US of A with some very talented individuals involved.

:lol

Dan, if you are ever in the San Diego area please accept my invitation to take a tour of our factory. It would be my pleasure to show you what we do here and why we do it so well. Call me when you are in the area, I'll get you a beer too :bs

Hi Wetint,

-Howard

Thanks for the support Howard.

There is one more really cool thing about it too, the people. You get to meet and talk to those folks who take great pride in showing up everyday to make a product and they love to meet and talk to dealers. There is a face behind many of the products we sell and install, these are some of the few manufacturing jobs still here in the great US of A with some very talented individuals involved.

:rock

It's great to hear that there are some talanted individuals in the manufacturing area.I have been in brick and mortor owner/installer for 20+ years and the most talented auto/fg installers are all jam'd up and can't get up in the AM....The clean cut types can't even clean a door glass properly and want more double the money.I think this is more common than most want to admit in our great US.... in all trades.

Anyone helps me?

Nexfil Super IR and SLB99 series are really nano ceramic films? Their performances are prety good (maybe not the best), their prices are prety cheap. Nexfil is korean film. Is there any problem (hazy, lumpy on windscreen) with Nexfil Super IR 7080 Blue?

Anyone helps me?

Nexfil Super IR and SLB99 series are really nano ceramic films? Their performances are prety good (maybe not the best), their prices are prety cheap. Nexfil is korean film. Is there any problem (hazy, lumpy on windscreen) with Nexfil Super IR 7080 Blue?

I would ignore any name attached to a film and look at the performance specifications.

You could literally give me spec sheet with the film missing and I can tell you almost anything you want to know aside from its "color" from the specs.

This does not address where the IR absorbers are placed in the film though....

Anyone helps me?

I would ignore any name attached to a film and look at the performance specifications.

You could literally give me spec sheet with the film missing and I can tell you almost anything you want to know aside from its "color" from the specs.

This does not address where the IR absorbers are placed in the film though....

Thank you!

Nexfil SL99: Gold color, SET 32.9, SEA 60.9, SER 6.2, VLT 73.6, VLR int 7.9, VLR ext 8.0, TSER 50, UVT<1, SC 0.58

Nexfil Super IR 7080 BL: Blue color, SET 45.3, SEA 47.9, SER 6.8, VLT 75.6, VLR int 8.8, VLR ext 8.9, TSER 41, UVT<1, SC 0.68

SL99 is not cheap. The seller said these films are nano ceramic films.

Anyone has feedback of these film?

Hi LTL,

I agree 101%.

The first two parameters I look at are the VLT and SHGC (or SC if SHGC is not published).

Then I look at the ratio between the TSEa, TSEr & TSEt, which all must = 100.

With a keen understanding of these numbers, the rest of that data is mostly noise (particularly the IR).

-Howard

Guest shadeking

I was interested in some decorator film so I contacted Wintech. They sent me samples of all their products. The marketing material itself was nice and professional. After examining all sample books I saw inconsistencies. Some swatches had fish-eyes, others uneven dye. Looked very bad. If thats the sample, imagine what a roll would look like. Not sure whats up with Korean film but every one I've seen has been (not sure how to put it) junk.

EWF's Howard = Great guy with great cust. service... too bad he sells film that will purple within less than a year?) If I was such a great guy.. I would NEVER RECOMMEND TRUE BLACK TO MY CUSTOMER EVEN IF HE WANTED TO BUY IT FOR SUCH A LOW PRICE. Thats just my thoughts.

Hi Tint4Food,

You seem very, very sure of yourself. How does this sound:

Come and visit us in Danbury - I will cover your airfare. Take any roll of TB off any pallet in our warehouse and install it in one of my staff member's vehicles. We all park outside all day long. You can place a decal under the film with your signature on it verify the film has not been manipulated.

Then come back in anytime within a year

If that film is purple - I will write you a check for $10,000 on the spot. If not, you write me a check for $10,000. I will take your money and donate it to an Animal Rescue Charity. http://www.cloudninerescueflights.org/

What do you say??

-Howard

lol umad?

Why take any roll of TB in your warehouse when I can pick up some TB at the Nexfil warehouse in Gardena. Last time I was there, there was a pallet of your film at the return dock. Must have been a bad batch? Too many adhesive and purpling issues...

Like I always said, you're a great salesman and you provide superior service, but it sucks that you sell a purpling film in your line. lol.

Wow what a bet... did I hit a nerve? hahah chill out man... everybody on this forum is on your side howard. Don't worry about lil' ol' me.

Archived