Great, Cheap, Korean Film

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EWF's Howard = Great guy with great cust. service... too bad he sells film that will purple within less than a year?) If I was such a great guy.. I would NEVER RECOMMEND TRUE BLACK TO MY CUSTOMER EVEN IF HE WANTED TO BUY IT FOR SUCH A LOW PRICE. Thats just my thoughts.

Hi Tint4Food,

You seem very, very sure of yourself. How does this sound:

Come and visit us in Danbury - I will cover your airfare. Take any roll of TB off any pallet in our warehouse and install it in one of my staff member's vehicles. We all park outside all day long. You can place a decal under the film with your signature on it verify the film has not been manipulated.

Then come back in anytime within a year

If that film is purple - I will write you a check for $10,000 on the spot. If not, you write me a check for $10,000. I will take your money and donate it to an Animal Rescue Charity. http://www.cloudninerescueflights.org/

What do you say??

-Howard

true black express window films read the banner for info good price awesome film lifetime warranty extruded poly so no color push like most korean films 1800filmnow

you know joe d... you're such a ass-kisser to Howard, its not even funny... its even funnier that you proclaim ewf's true black to better than other asian films out there... when theres obvious color changing (http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60708&st=0&gopid=830740entry830740 <-- a post about TB changing color).

next time, don't put down other films when you don't know squat.

To anyone who's interested in Asian made films...

1) 2ply glue-dyed constructed films are okay if you live in an area with a low UV index (your film will fade but will not turn purple)

2) never buy poly extruded dyed films from any asian manufacturer (true black and other asian films have shown the ills of color changing)

3) stick with global...or american made films (llumar, johnsons, sun-tek)

4) you pay for what you get

to ClassonGlass (Joe D.) and everyone who doubted me. pm micro-edge or the///man for verification: (http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64631&st=150&start=150)

Thats a link of what Express Window Film's True Black looks like in 6 months. Scroll to the middle of the page to see the picture of purpling (you'll see the edges are still their original shades)... I posted the above topic in october 2010 and its now June 2011.

EWF's Howard = Great guy with great cust. service... too bad he sells film that will purple within less than a year... (kind of ironic isnt it?) If I was such a great guy.. I would NEVER RECOMMEND TRUE BLACK TO MY CUSTOMER EVEN IF HE WANTED TO BUY IT FOR SUCH A LOW PRICE. Thats just my thoughts.

in all fairness, the film I posted pictures of was a little over a year old.

EWF's Howard = Great guy with great cust. service... too bad he sells film that will purple within less than a year?) If I was such a great guy.. I would NEVER RECOMMEND TRUE BLACK TO MY CUSTOMER EVEN IF HE WANTED TO BUY IT FOR SUCH A LOW PRICE. Thats just my thoughts.

Hi Tint4Food,

You seem very, very sure of yourself. How does this sound:

Come and visit us in Danbury - I will cover your airfare. Take any roll of TB off any pallet in our warehouse and install it in one of my staff member's vehicles. We all park outside all day long. You can place a decal under the film with your signature on it verify the film has not been manipulated.

Then come back in anytime within a year

If that film is purple - I will write you a check for $10,000 on the spot. If not, you write me a check for $10,000. I will take your money and donate it to an Animal Rescue Charity. http://www.cloudninerescueflights.org/

I was using Tb for about a year and never saw it turn purple but it did turn brown

What do you say??

-Howard

true black express window films read the banner for info good price awesome film lifetime warranty extruded poly so no color push like most korean films 1800filmnow

you know joe d... you're such a ass-kisser to Howard, its not even funny... its even funnier that you proclaim ewf's true black to better than other asian films out there... when theres obvious color changing (http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60708&st=0&gopid=830740entry830740 <-- a post about TB changing color).

next time, don't put down other films when you don't know squat.

To anyone who's interested in Asian made films...

1) 2ply glue-dyed constructed films are okay if you live in an area with a low UV index (your film will fade but will not turn purple)

2) never buy poly extruded dyed films from any asian manufacturer (true black and other asian films have shown the ills of color changing)

3) stick with global...or american made films (llumar, johnsons, sun-tek)

4) you pay for what you get

to ClassonGlass (Joe D.) and everyone who doubted me. pm micro-edge or the///man for verification: (http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64631&st=150&start=150)

Thats a link of what Express Window Film's True Black looks like in 6 months. Scroll to the middle of the page to see the picture of purpling (you'll see the edges are still their original shades)... I posted the above topic in october 2010 and its now June 2011.

EWF's Howard = Great guy with great cust. service... too bad he sells film that will purple within less than a year... (kind of ironic isnt it?) If I was such a great guy.. I would NEVER RECOMMEND TRUE BLACK TO MY CUSTOMER EVEN IF HE WANTED TO BUY IT FOR SUCH A LOW PRICE. Thats just my thoughts.

Man digging up old threads ........ have you ever noticed you have a hard time accepting when you are wrong...... take the bet or stop showing your :dunno

There out there!!! And some of you are buying it now thinking its US made!!! LOL

Interestingly, I had ordered a couple rolls of "ceramic" film off eBay a year ago to try out. When I opened it the rolls had all the tell tell signs of coming from Nexfil - the silver piece of tape with the arrow on it being a dead give away. Anyway, I did a couple of windows on a personal car and then set the rolls aside.

Fast forward to last week. I got the film out to do a small job and was absolutely amazed at how it felt just like Solargard's Galaxie line. It was heavier of course, but the poly felt extremely like the same stuff I get from San Diego. Galaxie is NOT a ceramic I know, and this stuff was definitely thicker and had all the characteristics of a ceramic film. I was just shocked at how much it felt like Solargard.

So, perhaps Bekeart is having their film made by Nexfil :thumb and then shipped to the US to be "assembled" and "boxed" in the "new and improved" :wrong "eco-friendly" brown boxes?

Would be my guess for this "so-called" American film.

(Spelling-edit)

the silver piece of tape with the arrow on it being a dead give away.

(Spelling-edit)

Hi Wetint,

Alliances between Asian & Domestic suppliers have existed for a long time now. I have no direct knowledge whatsoever of the connection you are referring to, as it is likely protected under a confidentiality agreement, similar to the ones EWF has in place with it's manufacturing partners.

I did want to mention that silver sticker you are referring to:

The company that produces them supplies a wide range of vendors worldwide. They are uniquely well suited to our industry. There are several USA made EWF films that we may occasionally seal with one of those silver/red stickers. They are not unique to the company you mention.

Regards,

Howard

There out there!!! And some of you are buying it now thinking its US made!!! LOL

Interestingly, I had ordered a couple rolls of "ceramic" film off eBay a year ago to try out. When I opened it the rolls had all the tell tell signs of coming from Nexfil - the silver piece of tape with the arrow on it being a dead give away. Anyway, I did a couple of windows on a personal car and then set the rolls aside.

Fast forward to last week. I got the film out to do a small job and was absolutely amazed at how it felt just like Solargard's Galaxie line. It was heavier of course, but the poly felt extremely like the same stuff I get from San Diego. Galaxie is NOT a ceramic I know, and this stuff was definitely thicker and had all the characteristics of a ceramic film. I was just shocked at how much it felt like Solargard.

So, perhaps Bekeart is having their film made by Nexfil :lol and then shipped to the US to be "assembled" and "boxed" in the "new and improved" :lol2 "eco-friendly" brown boxes?

Would be my guess for this "so-called" American film.

(Spelling-edit)

Busted,

Dan, if you are ever in the San Diego area please accept my invitation to take a tour of our factory. It would be my pleasure to show you what we do here and why we do it so well. As you know these films are advanced these days and there is a lot more to these products than just "feel". We designed Galaxie to compete specifically against several very popular films on the market today for their reputation as installer friendly products.

If you have never toured a film plant before its a great experience, I highly recommend you ask your current supplier for the same opportunity. Its a very informative and fun experience. Call me when you are in the area, I'll get you a beer too :lol2

Guest Malcolm E Boo
If you have never toured a film plant before its a great experience, I highly recommend you ask your current supplier for the same opportunity. Its a very informative and fun experience. Call me when you are in the area, I'll get you a beer too :lol

I have toured Martinsville plant. Fugging amazing.

Archived