Great, Cheap, Korean Film

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ He could just be colour blind... :lol

Brown ain't purple last I checked

Brown will eventually turn purple... guess you haven't tinted long enough to know that.

Either way, browning is a sign of color fade (as you saw on the previous pictures) and its even more obvious when you compare the edges of the film to the rest of the film

Brown will eventually turn purple... guess you haven't tinted long enough to know that.

Either way, browning is a sign of color fade (as you saw on the previous pictures) and its even more obvious when you compare the edges of the film to the rest of the film

It's dirt cheap, I wouldn't expect anything else of it other than to fade at some point (and sooner, rather than later).

From all I've understood purpling has more to do with the dye variety used. Some turn purple, some turn brown, some fade to clear and really don't change. Either way, what can you expect from a low end product.

It's dirt cheap, I wouldn't expect anything else of it other than to fade at some point (and sooner, rather than later).

From all I've understood purpling has more to do with the dye variety used. Some turn purple, some turn brown, some fade to clear and really don't change. Either way, what can you expect from a low end product.

QDP is dirt cheap compared to llumar ATC, so by your logic, qdp is a "low end film".... but isnt in funny that qdp is color stable?

Buddy, you better learn about which type of film will do what... because your "understanding" will land you low end film like TB and even though you tell your customers that it is not color stable, you'll be running into mad customers with brown tint on the cars later on. lol.

^ He could just be colour blind... :dunno

QDP is dirt cheap compared to llumar ATC, so by your logic, qdp is a "low end film".... but isnt in funny that qdp is color stable?

Buddy, you better learn about which type of film will do what... because your "understanding" will land you low end film like TB and even though you tell your customers that it is not color stable, you'll be running into mad customers with brown tint on the cars later on. lol.

My "understanding" has worked just dandy. Especially when you consider I have no customers running around with brown windows. Aside from one trial run with one order of "cheap" stuff for dealer vehicles, I've only used supposed colour stable products, QDP being my preference (which, if memory serves me right, isn't priced that far off from ATC up here like it is there, however I haven't looked at a Llumar price sheet in 3 years).

Do you keep the stick stationary or move it around from time to time?

^ He could just be colour blind... :thumb

My "understanding" has worked just dandy. Especially when you consider I have no customers running around with brown windows. Aside from one trial run with one order of "cheap" stuff for dealer vehicles, I've only used supposed colour stable products, QDP being my preference (which, if memory serves me right, isn't priced that far off from ATC up here like it is there, however I haven't looked at a Llumar price sheet in 3 years).

Do you keep the stick stationary or move it around from time to time?

LOL... qdp is not priced far off from ATC?? are you kidding me... you better talk to howard because your global distributor is ripping you off. LOL.

^ He could just be colour blind... :D

Tint4Food,

You have got to be kidding. You are chastising justn8 for inexperience then once again making a claim that is ridiculous.

You are free to post whatever you want - but you seem to be a never ending river of misinformation over and over and over again.

What in the world are you talking about "Brown will turn purple". Where in the world did you come up with that ridiculous conclusion?

Do you really not know how the primary colors work and integrate?

Purple results from the degradation of the yellow pigments and the proportionate increase in the combined red+blue (=purple).

Brown results from the degradation of the blue pigments and the proportionate increase in the red+yellow (=brown).

Your statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and you called Justn8 "inexperienced"?

Come on Tint4food. Enough already.

-Howard

Buddy, you better learn about which type of film will do what...

Tint4food,

You think justn8 should learn from you? I think you should learn from him.

-Howard

Buddy, you better learn about which type of film will do what...

Tint4food,

You think justn8 should learn from you? I think you should learn from him.

-Howard

Well... I don't know if I'd go that far :trustme:thumb

Guest Pacific Islander

Wow guys...never seen Howard have responses such as the above. Howard...save the blood flow and mind set.

justn8, humble yourself to learn from those that actually do know and have been there. I had always been taught to respect your elders and learn from the wise. 4 years experience and your 23...with as much confidence in you, you aught to be more a student rather than one who provides "guesses" on what film is or is not. This site truly can help you if you are willing to learn.

There was a time before tintdude, where you would have to fly thousands of miles to see things personally to make sure what you were buying is what they were really selling. With the power of the internet, has "changed" everything.

Who here has invested time and money to verify and confirm of what they speak of? Who here knows what the %s mean rather than what its meant to define?

I don't come onto this site as often as I should, but when I do...I'm always impressed with Howard and his willingness and humility to even proivde his valuable time to those who don't deserve it. There are others such as Howard and I commend all of you for steering our industry in the right direction.

Manufacturer, laminators / coaters, distributors, dealers...there was a time when you couldn't even speak to manufacturers reps without millions in your pocket...now you have the presidents of companies manning booths. The beauty of a slow economy is, it brings out the best in front of you. You simply have to realize and recognize it. It's extremely funny when you have some that "claim" to know when the same people have yet to see a "master roll".

"Window film is a science and window film installation is an art." For those that understand and accept that...you're on your way to know.

One last bit of advice for the young ones...if you find some of those guys or gals that have been in this industy for at LEAST 25 years or more, try and befriend them. If you plan on taking this industry "for real", they will be your best guides in an ever changing world.

And as for the cheap Korean films...I would strongly reccomend everyone take a look at the latest Window Film Magazine...watch out U.S.A...the Asians have landed.

Archived