True Black Changing to True Brown

Guest gabe

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so just in my opinion you made a bad decision selling a business then going back to the area you sold the business and then re open thats shady bro very shady bad businees on your behalf

Guest scottydosnntkno
so just in my opinion you made a bad decision selling a business then going back to the area you sold the business and then re open thats shady bro very shady bad businees on your behalf

:thumb

sounds like the new owner wouldn't let him back in, so he tries to open up shop less than a mile away

This thread has come full circle, jabbing at suppliers with the suppliers jabbing back. Rightfully so.

If tdm sold the shop with a non compete that has expired (7 years is a long time) and has decided to reenter the market its not shady.

What is typical are the exxagerative claims of purchases, etc to try and have supplier second guess his loyalties. Tdm as it seems hopes to be buying 30K a year in auto. Howard's heard that more time than he cares to share. He knows "Mikes" numbers - which probably are consistant.

It's funny the buyer actually gives a damn about being able to get Global.

Nowadays there are more manny choices than we need at all price points.

Exclusive films require contracts, other films are sold entirely at the sellers whim. Mostly nowadays sellers sell. Exclusive lines are either under more scrutiny than ever to produce. Or, they are left alone with the thought "who else will we sign up - some sales are better than none".

Truly different times in the window film world. I can see both sides of the argument here. Howard knows what he's doing.

Hi Addicted,

Wow! Very insightful post !!! You seem to understand some of the intricacies of what a distributor faces. Have we met?

Tintdude – Please don’t lock this post yet:

I need to do a bit of fact checking. If Tdm is the founder and sold that company to Mike, it’s news to me. Tdm is not listed as a contact person anywhere on that account and there is no record of him ever placing an order for that company, whose initials are D.W.T.

Alice is pulling the original account application (it’s quite old) so we can see who’s name is on it. I will also speak with Mike (owner of D.W.T) to ask him if he in fact purchased that business from Tdm.

We do have records of doing business with Tdm and I remember him, but that was a completely separate account in another town. That account (D.A.R.) still buys film from us – perhaps that is the company Tdm sold – but that has nothing to do with Mike @ DWT (the dealer we are protecting). I will give them a call as well.

For the time being, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. We're far from perfect over here and we could have missed it, but when the ownership of a key account changes we are usually made aware of it and there is usually a paper trail or some notation in the records. Tdm also made no mention of this to me either in our recent conversation (when I declined his order) or in the past (when he placed orders for that other company D.A.R.). The first I learned of it was on this thread.

Stay tuned !!!

-Howard

Guest tdmillet
Hi Addicted,

Wow! Very insightful post !!! You seem to understand some of the intricacies of what a distributor faces. Have we met?

Tintdude – Please don’t lock this post yet:

I need to do a bit of fact checking. If Tdm is the founder and sold that company to Mike, it’s news to me. Tdm is not listed as a contact person anywhere on that account and there is no record of him ever placing an order for that company, whose initials are D.W.T.

Alice is pulling the original account application (it’s quite old) so we can see who’s name is on it. I will also speak with Mike (owner of D.W.T) to ask him if he in fact purchased that business from Tdm.

We do have records of doing business with Tdm and I remember him, but that was a completely separate account in another town. That account (D.A.R.) still buys film from us – perhaps that is the company Tdm sold – but that has nothing to do with Mike @ DWT (the dealer we are protecting). I will give them a call as well.

For the time being, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. We're far from perfect over here and we could have missed it, but when the ownership of a key account changes we are usually made aware of it and there is usually a paper trail or some notation in the records. Tdm also made no mention of this to me either in our recent conversation (when I declined his order) or in the past (when he placed orders for that other company D.A.R.). The first I learned of it was on this thread.

Stay tuned !!!

-Howard

hey howard i started that company D.W.T. with mike and we parted ways. i personally called you and ordered from you when i worked there. and that other company i have no clue who they are.

Guest tdmillet

:lol2

sounds like the new owner wouldn't let him back in, so he tries to open up shop less than a mile away

didnt want back in. and its not shady 7 years later. if you only had a clue.

Archived