Expel Ultimate or wait for Nano?

Guest Roger555

Looks good Tim definitely Kudos for doing it on your own car! Its a good video you definitely have confidence in your product, unless secretly you have nano installed ;) I'm going to be honest I cant really see the finish of the film but briefly in the areas the overhead lights hit the surface. Just like when your polishing you need a big halogen light setup shinning on the surface to see all the swirls. None the less I just think i was being too aggressive with the film when I was rubbing it which is probably not a fair test. Like I said I was rubbing back and fourth in a small 1"x1" area. Anyways I will try it again this weekend with the other piece of film I guess its possible I didn't get the best sample? Dependent on my results I really do want this film to be all you say its, I'm just ready to get something installed!

Question, the Warranty is for 7 year against yellowing right? Does that cover labor to have it reinstalled?

Tim: There's no satisfying this guy.

I feel so bad for whoever ends up with this install. I hope everyone in his area reads his two threads, lol.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest XPEL Tim
Looks good Tim definitely Kudos for doing it on your own car! Its a good video you definitely have confidence in your product, unless secretly you have nano installed ;) I'm going to be honest I cant really see the finish of the film but briefly in the areas the overhead lights hit the surface. Just like when your polishing you need a big halogen light setup shinning on the surface to see all the swirls. None the less I just think i was being too aggressive with the film when I was rubbing it which is probably not a fair test. Like I said I was rubbing back and fourth in a small 1"x1" area. Anyways I will try it again this weekend with the other piece of film I guess its possible I didn't get the best sample? Dependent on my results I really do want this film to be all you say its, I'm just ready to get something installed!

Question, the Warranty is for 7 year against yellowing right? Does that cover labor to have it reinstalled?

Avery doesn't make film wide enough to cover my hood, so you can be very confident there.

I think you probably just didn't get the rag or whatever you were using wet enough. In both of the videos I did, we never had to scrub anything. Everything comes off while just gliding over the surface.

Yes, 7 years against yellowing. That includes labor and materials.

So I recently ordered some ultimate and used it, I like it thus far. Only wish the adhesive was a little more aggressive, but overall good film. I did a marker test and let it set overnight, it wiped off with a little rubbing with just my finger. So not even sure why you had to scrub with alcohol, seems like a little polish would take it off very quick.

i can kinda relate to this guy. ive definitely obsessed over many things in the past. it usually ends where ive blown it up too much and after its done and settled i have this feeling that my expectations were never fully met. theres that lingering feeling, what if i did go with the other....ill never really know for sure tho. settle on knowing that youve found the best two products in the world....the WORLD :rollin

and then theres the karma or life balance factor. hes going to finally get it done and it will be the best ever. then on the way home an 18 wheels carrying open sharpie markers will tip over and spill out all over his beautiful average sedan.

Archived