Cut or Tuck @ the gasket

Guest jcoe

Guest GottaWearShades

You should never have to pull a door panel. I've tinted over 10,000 cars and have never pulled a door panel.

I tint the car, I don't dis-assemble it. In my opinion, a door panel is never as tight again once you pull it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my opinion, a door panel is never as tight again once you pull it.

LOL, your opinion is wrong.

If it's easier to pull the panel, pull it, if it's easier t leave it, leave it. Hell, there are a number of cars I pull the fronts and leave the rears, like the 2009+ Mazda 3, Rogue, I'm sure there is more.

well I guess we will just have to agree to disagree then my friend.

In all honesty I consider someone who does not pull panel's to be a novice tinter IMO.

I have tinted somewhere in the neightborhood of 17,000 to 20,000 cars in my time as a window tinter.

Of those I did spend about a year trying to do so without pulling door panel's. And while yes you can be an average tinter without pulling door panel's. If you want truly consistant extra clean work then you do have to pull door panel's on 90% of the cars out there. :twocents

Guest GottaWearShades

Interesting.... To get an extra 1/8 inch past the top of the door panel's window gasket you need to pull the door panel.

I find pulling door panels to be a novice trick, actually.

I only said 10,000 plus cars for the sake of modesty. I'm closer to 18,000. In my peak year, I tinted 1200 cars.

Guest Malcolm E Boo
well I guess we will just have to agree to disagree then my friend.

In all honesty I consider someone who does not pull panel's to be a novice tinter IMO.

I have tinted somewhere in the neightborhood of 17,000 to 20,000 cars in my time as a window tinter.

Of those I did spend about a year trying to do so without pulling door panel's. And while yes you can be an average tinter without pulling door panel's. If you want truly consistant extra clean work then you do have to pull door panel's on 90% of the cars out there. :lol

Interesting.... To get an extra 1/8 inch past the top of the door panel's window gasket you need to pull the door panel.

I only said 10,000 plus cars for the sake of modesty. I'm closer to 18,000.

I love a good DMC

I only said 10,000 plus cars for the sake of modesty. I'm closer to 18,000. In my peak year, I tinted 1200 cars.

Again. What you find is wrong. Along with your opinion.

Guest GottaWearShades

I've tinted mini coopers without pulling the door panel. If you've tinted a mini, then you know how tight the window gasket is closer to the front of the door panel by the mirror. I've laid the tint a couple inches above the gasket, with no tools spreading the gasket away, and smacked the tint down, using the bottom edge of the film to act as it's own squeegee.

I must be an amateur... Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean someone else can't.

Oh now I figured out why you are confused. You know the gasket you are reffering to. Well there is another gasket just like it about a 1/2 below the gasket you are tucking your film under.

I remove the door panel to insure that the film gets below both of the inner window gaskets.

Still not saying you are wrong for not pulling door panel's. I have my way and your have yours. Now lets just agree to disagree, before your blow your door gasket alltogether. :lol

Archived