Cut or Tuck @ the gasket

Guest jcoe

Guest Malcolm E Boo
Let me just put this out as a practical question - If I can tint a car that you pull the door panels from and the results are equal, who's technique is lacking?

If I masturbate wit my left hand and am right handed, does that make me better than you with your right hand?

what a brilliant question.

:slayer

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GottaWearShades
Let me just put this out as a practical question - If I can tint a car that you pull the door panels from and the results are equal, who's technique is lacking?

Nobody's is the common sense answer, but I'm sure you have your own.

If I masturbate wit my left hand and am right handed, does that make me better than you with your right hand?

I don't get an oil change expecting my tires need to be rotated.

I knew you masturbated, your technique is your own too, isn't it?

Rarely do i pull panels, but if the car is an IS250, the front panels are coming off. Id like to see a comparison of someone who pulls on that car vs someone who doesnt. I see nothing wrong with pulling panels. We all know when to, and when not to. To refer to those that do as hacks or novices is ridiculous. Les Helton won the tint off 2 consecutives years pulling the panels. Whenever possible, i like to pull the gasket, and if thats not possible, i tuck gaskets, last resort is to pull. I just happen to do better job tinting this way bc my film control is better and i like to see the bottom edge.

If you are cosistant the way you do it then hats off to you, but dont insult us.

Prob dont even have 18000 vehicles in Canada....

Guest fredstinting
Hey,  I learned to tint by pulling panels and tucking film behind gaskets.  I know this can be time consuming in some situations but I saw a guy marry the film to the glass and ran his red dot right across the (top) gasket.  He cut all of the access which I would have tucked.  It seemed REALLY quick.  It almost made me feel stupid for fighting all those fingers and tucking all that film. Does anyone else do that or have an opinion on this.  I'm just wondering trying to learn as many tricks as possible.

learn to tuck the gasket and it will save you time. will not ever have to remove to door panel ever again ... there might be a time or too you might have to pop off a panel . i think i have only taken a door panel off about twice in my 20 years of tinting

You guys are something else I thought my question was simple but instead I read half a page of bickering. Don't get me wrong I truly appreciate all of your opinions. I was just happy to see the "old heads" respond. Maybe I am too enthusiastic about this forum, everytime I have made a post there is always an argument and I feel like someones ill feelings are because of my question. Enough with my feelings, the truth is I have been in car stereo for 15 years and yankin doors is 2nd nature to me so that is another reason why I do it. I am also super green in the tint world, I maybe have 20 cars under my belt. I also tint alone, so I ask for about 3-5 hours per car, and my custys don't mind. I must be doing something right because I am getting my first returning custy tomorrow, and he is picky. So to hear anyone say what I am doing sucks or is totally wrong while my custys think other wise kinda sucks because I really am a fan of you guys and admire your work and opinions, granted I will keep trying to make myself better and continue asking your opinions, but damn. Eff it "I got Tintdude to respond on my post! Eat it Beeches! Hahahaha!" sorry got emotional again. I just thinks that's cool.

Hey,  I learned to tint by pulling panels and tucking film behind gaskets.  I know this can be time consuming in some situations but I saw a guy marry the film to the glass and ran his red dot right across the (top) gasket.  He cut all of the access which I would have tucked.  It seemed REALLY quick.  It almost made me feel stupid for fighting all those fingers and tucking all that film. Does anyone else do that or have an opinion on this.  I'm just wondering trying to learn as many tricks as possible.

learn to tuck the gasket and it will save you time. will not ever have to remove to door panel ever again ... there might be a time or too you might have to pop off a panel . i think i have only taken a door panel off about twice in my 20 years of tinting

How bout this: Learn to do both and you'll know what's easier when you approach each car!! :dunno just saying!

Archived