Making the Sale on the Phone

sweet post. TD you are totally right, I upsell about 80% of my walk ins because they learn to trust me. I have a nice shop, a nice website, and pictures on the wall. Also my work bays are never empty, there is always someone paying me to do something.

Phone calls are a different story though, I will def use this tactic next time. As long as it isn't a 95 geo metro that wants limo tint...I am totally hanging up on them and going fishing

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sweet post. TD you are totally right, I upsell about 80% of my walk ins because they learn to trust me. I have a nice shop, a nice website, and pictures on the wall. Also my work bays are never empty, there is always someone paying me to do something.

Phone calls are a different story though, I will def use this tactic next time. As long as it isn't a 95 geo metro that wants limo tint...I am totally hanging up on them and going fishing

These type of calls are a waste of time...Even if you went down $10-$20, it doesn't matter, because you mostly likely are $100 to much for this type of custy.

I lowered my prices a couple weeks ago and regret it. By going down $15, all it has done as got me $15 less on each and hasn't gotten me more jobs.

The worse part about being the "cheap" guy is that you will scare away all the customers that are willing to pay a fair price. If your're $50 less than the other guys, they'll assume there getting a lesser product and service.

Good advice TD.

Some other things learned as a businessperson:

All things being equal people will shop price.

Yellow page shoppers are the worst customer.

Capitalize on one things that sets you apart from all others.

Price is not the first on the list of why people choose to buy.

People decide to buy from you within the first 15 seconds of meeting you.

Get them to come see you in person; 90% of sales are closed once they are in your shop.

Attempting to profit through volume is like eating soup with a fork; you may stay busy, but you're sure to go hungry.

Yep,

I lowered my prices a couple weeks ago and regret it. By going down $15, all it has done as got me $15 less on each and hasn't gotten me more jobs.

The worse part about being the "cheap" guy is that you will scare away all the customers that are willing to pay a fair price. If your're $50 less than the other guys, they'll assume there getting a lesser product and service.

Have you raised prices since?

Archived