3M Dusted Crystal Replacement

Mike, filming a piece ...say 60x100 with DC is nothing short of a pit balls. The liner is far to difficult to remove and as I said before, the area where someone has to hold it , will get stretched and inevitably ruined. Where CS is basically a one man job for the same size window. If you enjoy wasting time and money... Stick with DC. Or just use it next time you have a tough time weeding little tree cut outs. Anyone who has tried it will without doubt come to the same conclusion.....except of course you.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CorrectSpec

I have to chime in. First, thank you to everyone who has purchased our film and responded with such positive feedback. There will always be some people that are extremely near sighted and will never look outside the box in fear their perfect little world may crumble. Some may call it the Napoleon complex. It is these types of people that will continue to loose jobs to smarter, more open minded installers using better films with more competitive prices.

Must be the cold! :cold

I obviously can't speak to anyone elses issues with a film tearing in their hands during install.

Never happened to me. Even as a nub.

The only DC issues I've ever seen were not really the film

I've seen DC and sit in a cold van overnight and not be allowed to fully  warm up to the core then shatter when pulled blade through box style.

The "plan" was to wait a bit cleaning the panes then pull the 50 identical pieces and let them warm up with more air circulation. We got so far through the roll then the shattering started.

Too cold at the core end still. Sometimes 2 hours of letting the 150' roll of film warm up isn't long enough. Lesson learned

Won't matter the vinyl . Too Cold is Too cold

I have to chime in. First, thank you to everyone who has purchased our film and responded with such positive feedback. There will always be some people that are extremely near sighted and will never look outside the box in fear their perfect little world may crumble. Some may call it the Napoleon complex. It is these types of people that will continue to loose jobs to smarter, more open minded installers using better films with more competitive prices.

Your comment appears to say that in your opinion that CS films are "better".

Very similar in appearance and lower price point sure but "better"??? 

I've seen the film weed poorly due to less than spectacular efforts on the plotter maintenance. That is not the films fault.

While CS may look like DC and that's great.

Its construction IS different.

Thanks MikeMN for taking the time with photos to show the way it acts as best you can.

Guest CorrectSpec
I'd like to make it clear to Mike and everyone else. I DO NOT claim our film is better than 3M. We were not trying to manufacture a better Dusted Crystal film, but to match the best one on the market. 3M was our benchmark. What I do claim is that it is the closest equivalent on the market. Side by side its identical. I also stated that it plots and weeds just as easy as 3M. If anyone has installed a piece bigger that 12"x12" with both films they will enjoy and appreciate the CS liner over 3M. Wearthefoxhat, if you would like some samples to play with please drop me your information and I will send some up to you to try out.

Some people will continue to loose jobs to smarter people using better films with more competitive prices because they are too busy complaining on Tintdude about how a film tears easier than another film. Film is film bro. #hate3M  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents

We've got some CS . Our  Production team is going to look at the way it behaves on a few projects

The installers will give their feedback as well.

If in the end we like it then we will be ordering more.

If 3M sees their sales go down because of CS (or any other film)  then 3M needs to look into WHY.

Archived