3M Dusted Crystal Replacement

I've never ran into anything where I have seen vinyl banned from a bid.

Probably comes from the same genius mindset that puts clear glass in a building in Los Angeles to allow people more natural light. Drive by and every window has the shades pulled down from intense glare.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably comes from the same genius mindset that puts clear glass in a building in Los Angeles to allow people more natural light. Drive by and every window has the shades pulled down from intense glare.

Companies are adopting green spec policies... vinyl is a hazardous material on most lists.

Companies are adopting green spec policies... vinyl is a hazardous material on most lists.

Can you post a current specification where it is prohibited

Can you post a current specification where it is prohibited

I could, but would it be a wise thing for me to open my rolodex here? Would you?

I would imagine you could post a picture of a spec sheet without giving away trade secrets

That's asking a lot for someone that does not do any business with me. What do you need this info for Tom? A few posts back you were hoping we'd drop off into the Pacific Ocean out here...

Not to hijack. But California has a law that states it is illegal to spec a single source material unless it can be proven there is not functional equivalent available. Unfortunately it only applies to roof materials on government jobs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the day comes when CA restricts or even bans the use of vinyl. :twocents It is banned in most greenspecs...

If anyone wants to try the PET version, contact me and I will send you a sample. :beer

Is the PET version is about 3mil thick?

Not to hijack. But California has a law that states it is illegal to spec a single source material unless it can be proven there is not functional equivalent available. Unfortunately it only applies to roof materials on government jobs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the day comes when CA restricts or even bans the use of vinyl. :twocents It is banned in most greenspecs...

If anyone wants to try the PET version, contact me and I will send you a sample. :beer

FH, I have used the PET version, it was thicker. But worked well for long stripes. ( no sag )

FH, I have used the PET version, it was thicker. But worked well for long stripes. ( no sag )

This thicker PET version is made by NDFOS (Korean) I have seen re-boxing of that stuff. It may look the same but finish is not like DC.

Archived