3M Dusted Crystal Replacement

You are right, The PET version is not close enough to be considered a " equal" IMO. ....The thing I do not care for about it is the silhouette when you cut the edges. Many times with DC, it is some sort of deco application. And the edges are in the field of the glass.. I hate how the edges " burr" when they are cut

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thicker PET version is made by NDFOS (Korean) I have seen re-boxing of that stuff. It may look the same but finish is not like DC.

I've seen their stuff, the DC needs a little more work but they are getting close. Our PET version is about 2mil and it is not made by NFDOS. It is a much closer match -imo.

This thicker PET version is made by NDFOS (Korean) I have seen re-boxing of that stuff. It may look the same but finish is not like DC.

I've seen their stuff, the DC needs a little more work but they are getting close. Our PET version is about 2mil and it is not made by NFDOS. It is a much closer match -imo.

Thanks for clarification.

Correct Spec is awesome. Super easy to install damn near perfect match to 3M. As long as it's close enough, cheaper than 3M and installs/removes... better we're in! I've definitely screwed up my fair share of 3M DC becuase it would just rip in my hand...hate that. If you haven't already used it or have samples I suggest you get ahold of Marc to GYSOT !! (get you some of that, for those who didnt know)  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  (ten cents cause my two cents is free)

Rob,

I would be interested in a sample and the price, you should still have my contact info.

Correct Spec is awesome. Super easy to install damn near perfect match to 3M. As long as it's close enough, cheaper than 3M and installs/removes... better we're in! I've definitely screwed up my fair share of 3M DC becuase it would just rip in my hand...hate that. If you haven't already used it or have samples I suggest you get ahold of Marc to GYSOT !! (get you some of that, for those who didnt know)  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  (ten cents cause my two cents is free)

Fist off, I would like to thank you for digging up this thread.

So 3M Dusted Crystal would just rip in your hand and now you are a big Fan of Correct Spec film........... :hmmm ...... I would like to add my ten cents ... :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents

I did a few tests comparing the Correct Spec and 3M Dusted Crystal on how they both rip as you say, lets take a look :eye on how the films compare.

In this first pic I cut just the film so I could tear each of them and see how easy they both rip.

f1ff00da-387c-45cb-9f03-ceaef00e1eaa.jpg

Now I proceeded to pull the film on just one side from the liner from the cut I had made in the films. 

e1e70ffc-754a-4fac-8c54-dbd44d8207c4.jpg

Here is a close up view of both films.

1b28c524-f76e-421a-9a80-19f027531917.jpg

e017c797-9854-4a6e-8985-02a5a7fa5bb1.jpg

What I found was that the Correct Spec film ripped easier then  any film I have ever used before and the 3M Dusted Crystal was very difficult to tear.

I also thought that I would also see how both films would puncture seeing that you are saying that the 3M Dusted Crystal rips easier then Correct Spec will in your experience, I found that the  Correct Spec film when just pushing very lightly with my finger on the film it just ripped apart easily and into several pieces.... :blink  :blink .... and when I did the same to the 3M Dusted Crystal film, it did not. 

ed364777-f91f-4b4b-9859-8f7eee622467.jpg

53808300-1144-435c-95a5-ca589bba476c.jpg.......... :blink

:thumb

Rob,

I would be interested in a sample and the price, you should still have my contact info.

:thumb It is on its way to you Mike. Thnx!

Rob,

:thumb It is on its way to you Mike. Thnx!

Thanks Rob,

Looking forward on checking it out.

Fist off, I would like to thank you for digging up this thread.

So 3M Dusted Crystal would just rip in your hand and now you are a big Fan of Correct Spec film........... :hmmm ...... I would like to add my ten cents ... :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents

I did a few tests comparing the Correct Spec and 3M Dusted Crystal on how they both rip as you say, lets take a look :eye on how the films compare.

In this first pic I cut just the film so I could tear each of them and see how easy they both rip.

f1ff00da-387c-45cb-9f03-ceaef00e1eaa.jpg

Now I proceeded to pull the film on just one side from the liner from the cut I had made in the films. 

e1e70ffc-754a-4fac-8c54-dbd44d8207c4.jpg

Here is a close up view of both films.

1b28c524-f76e-421a-9a80-19f027531917.jpg

e017c797-9854-4a6e-8985-02a5a7fa5bb1.jpg

What I found was that the Correct Spec film ripped easier then  any film I have ever used before and the 3M Dusted Crystal was very difficult to tear.

I also thought that I would also see how both films would puncture seeing that you are saying that the 3M Dusted Crystal rips easier then Correct Spec will in your experience, I found that the  Correct Spec film when just pushing very lightly with my finger on the film it just ripped apart easily and into several pieces.... :blink  :blink .... and when I did the same to the 3M Dusted Crystal film, it did not. 

ed364777-f91f-4b4b-9859-8f7eee622467.jpg

53808300-1144-435c-95a5-ca589bba476c.jpg.......... :blink

:thumb

I think you need to sharpen your instillation skills. CS is by far...far, more user friendly, cost effective, and a all around better value. The DC is just a dinosaur.

Tom,

Where is that video you were going to post like you said in your post #67 in this thread........?

Lets see you weeding out a small plotter cut design in that video with your beloved Correct Spec.......... :blink

You would be the one that is needs to sharpen your instillation skills, you need help with just removing the liner from 3M Dusted Crystal... :lol .... I no problem installing any film........ :D

Archived