3M Dusted Crystal Replacement

Some people will continue to loose jobs to smarter people using better films with more competitive prices because they are too busy complaining on Tintdude about how a film tears easier than another film. Film is film bro. #hate3M  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents

We have been installing film longer then anyone, if you have been in this biz long enough and if you were smart,  you would know that the price is not the only reason a bid is won.

Remember this is a window tinting forum, I posted a response to your post saying that 3M Dusted Crystal rips easier then Correct Spec and I proved you are wrong, it is obvious that you are not skilled enough to install a film such as 3M Dusted Crystal, that is no reason to hate a particular film, you could always post a thread on here listing the problems you are experiencing with a film, perhaps I would even chime in and help you with the issues you were having....... :thumb

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our shop has been around 40 years and I've been here since '92 in various capacities.

I too will give some help OR some smart @$$ answer depending on what I perceive the context of a post.

This thread started as a comparison of CS as a " 3M DC Replacement"

Mike has been straight up in his review of the film and has taken the time to document with photos

I wouldn't call it a replacement. An lower cost alternative with the same appearance definitely.

Each of you that are interested in it should get some in your hands and put it through its paces and decide for yourself.Don't  just take my ,Mikes , Toms ,Insert any name here or CS's word for what something is or isn't .

Our experience is ours to share as we can.

If I like apples and tell you all about how I think they are the greatest food ever wont matter a lick if you have only eaten bananas and just won't taste an apple because it is red.

I'm not sure weather it rips easier or not . I can't remember having any issues with the film tearing unless it was really cold. The beauty of the CS is in the ease of removing the liner. This alone makes a huge difference in productivity on larger pieces. As stated before, when stripping the liner from DC on a piece .. Say 60x80 , the amount of pressure required to remove the liner will cause the area where the guys fingers are holding the material to distort and thus be unusable. Of course you can apply a tape to the edge to stabilize it, but that is not always practical and just more work. Maybe if you are doing small sign lettering or small door numbers, DC may be a option. But for bigger jobs, CS has built a better mouse trap

Some people will continue to loose jobs to smarter people using better films with more competitive prices because they are too busy complaining on Tintdude about how a film tears easier than another film. Film is film bro. #hate3M  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents  :twocents

We have been installing film longer then anyone, if you have been in this biz long enough and if you were smart,  you would know that the price is not the only reason a bid is won.

Remember this is a window tinting forum, I posted a response to your post saying that 3M Dusted Crystal rips easier then Correct Spec and I proved you are wrong, it is obvious that you are not skilled enough to install a film such as 3M Dusted Crystal, that is no reason to hate a particular film, you could always post a thread on here listing the problems you are experiencing with a film, perhaps I would even chime in and help you with the issues you were having....... :thumb

Haha I'm well aware of that Sir.

Remember this was a thread praising a good company on a film well made...that doesn't really need all your negativity on every aspect of it. I didn't know we were testing tensile strength on a frost film here. Oh yeah, film tearing from a previously made slice in the film and film being brittle and ripping in the middle is a little different. Just my opinion, Sir.

Remember this was a thread praising a good company on a film well made...that doesn't really need all your negativity on every aspect of it. I didn't know we were testing tensile strength on a frost film here. Oh yeah, film tearing from a previously made slice in the film and film being brittle and ripping in the middle is a little different. Just my opinion, Sir.

I told Marc that I would give him my honest opinion on his film and I did just that in this thread as he has said in a previous post made by him.

As far as the tear test with the slit in the film that I had posted, that was for you, showing that the Correct Spec film will and does tear much easier then 3M Dusted Crystal, the test was done in a warm environment.

What is your opinion on the interior warranty as well as the exterior warranty on both films ............. ?

Some people will continue to loose jobs to smarter people using better films with more competitive prices because they are too busy complaining on Tintdude about how a film tears easier than another film. Film is film bro. #hate3M :twocents:twocents:twocents:twocents:twocents

We have been installing film longer then anyone, if you have been in this biz long enough and if you were smart, you would know that the price is not the only reason a bid is won.

Remember this is a window tinting forum, I posted a response to your post saying that 3M Dusted Crystal rips easier then Correct Spec and I proved you are wrong, it is obvious that you are not skilled enough to install a film such as 3M Dusted Crystal, that is no reason to hate a particular film, you could always post a thread on here listing the problems you are experiencing with a film, perhaps I would even chime in and help you with the issues you were having....... :thumb

I told Marc that I would give him my honest opinion on his film and I did just that in this thread as he has said in a previous post made by him.

As far as the tear test with the slit in the film that I had posted, that was for you, showing that the Correct Spec film will and does tear much easier then 3M Dusted Crystal, the test was done in a warm environment.

What is your opinion on the interior warranty as well as the exterior warranty on both films ............. ?

I believe CS has a 5 year interior warranty. I have absolutely no reservations installing anything on interior glass. We even installed 3M panther on interior office glass back in the day, and believe it or not, it lasted several years.

So what's your point Tom ......... ?

Why is Marc only giving " The CorrectSpec product warranty is applicable only for interior applications. CorrectSpec products will be free from defects in material and manufacture for 5 years from the date of installation "

Tom, what was the warranty on the 3M Panther auto film ............. ?

...What's my point on what ?

I imagine The CS warranty applies to interior because that is where it is designed to be applied.

Panther warranty.... It was so long ago, I really don't remember

Your point on bringing 3M Panther film in to this thread.

"  I imagine " ................ "  It was so long ago, I really don't remember " ............... :blink

Archived