Local cop giving people false tint laws?

Guest Akers93

Guest Akers93

In the next town over from me there is a local cop that has been nailing everyone for their tint. So I have had a lot of people coming to me lately to strip their windows and some want it done legal again... but when they say they want it legal they tell me what the cop told them is legal and from what i understand it is still not legal.. people that got busted most of them had 5% on back and 20% on front. they told me that the cop told them as long as its 30% on fronts it is fine. my understanding is that if you have darker than 35% (or 30%) on the rear you must have 50% on the fronts or you can go 35% all the way around. this cop (which is the same cop that gets everyone) is telling people 5% on rear and 30% on fronts is legal?

35% net all around, 5% variance allowed, or

30% net rear with 50% on fronts, or

factory tinted glass with 50% on the fronts. or

then we still have the old any% on the rear and nothing on the fronts.

NO vinyl or perforated graphics on the rear window and no film over factory....

stupid way to get it put out here but that is the full of it....I don't even mention the 30 and 50....

Guest Akers93

35% net all around, 5% variance allowed, or

30% net rear with 50% on fronts, or

factory tinted glass with 50% on the fronts. or

then we still have the old any% on the rear and nothing on the fronts.

NO vinyl or perforated graphics on the rear window and no film over factory....

stupid way to get it put out here but that is the full of it....I don't even mention the 30 and 50....

i thought it was something like that. everyone that has came back has told me the cop told them that 30 was okay. i tell them that it has to be 50 for legal and they don't want it because the cop said they could do 30. i wouldn't want to do 30 or 35 because that's what i have and them get pulled over again

Wonder if there are any updates, but last i heard was that the city of Chicago was

using something known as "home rule" so they could cite any car with tint that comes

into the city.

Kinda curious wjere the op is in southern ill. myself.

I get this all the time. Not one local here knows the tint law in Kansas. And ours isn't very difficult to understand. I had a guy in recently who was given a ticket for his factory privacy glass!!

Guest Akers93

I live in Christopher. The next town over that im speaking of is west city/benton

And a ticket for factory privacy glass is ridiculous

Archived