Who are we?

Now days most film is a breeze to work with..... Unlike the early days!

Cheers old timer

Stan

Isn't that the truth. I sometimes wonder if the market would be so saturated if there was no evolution in auto tinting

Homemade tools

Tint that didn't shrink, only multi peice back windows .

No heatgun

I wonder how many tinters of the present could turn out a decent job with the limited knowledge and tools if the day.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I've always wondered tw, when film didn't shrink, how did u guys do curved windups that left spears and wouldn't sit. Ford transit quarters etc? You couldn't splice them..... Would you? :lol

We'd arrange the fingers in a starburst pattern, hold a hair dryer (not a heat gun) on the outside and fuss with it on the inside. Caveman stuff.

I remember when I first started shrinking, the Madico film did not shrink as well as others did and the rep swore that I was going to cause premature failure shrinking it. I can remember him telling me that I should hard card and bump the edges till it stayed down.... Never add heat and distort the material....lol

One thing I've always wondered tw, when film didn't shrink, how did u guys do curved windups that left spears and wouldn't sit. Ford transit quarters etc? You couldn't splice them..... Would you? :lol

We'd arrange the fingers in a starburst pattern, hold a hair dryer (not a heat gun) on the outside and fuss with it on the inside. Caveman stuff.

I just can't imagine how you boys would get clean jobs doing it like that. All credit to you, I can only imagine me saying "we'll, back in my day we didn't have automatic shrinking film, we actually used to have to hold a heat gun and do it ourselves....." Then I guess some young star would probably say "I just can't imagine how you would do that without creasing or melting the film...." Lol

I will tint anything and everything every day of the working week be it planes , trains or automobiles using anything from the humble nr dyed film, carbon infused , sputtered , vapour coated , hybrid or full metal films to the latest in TiN ceramic films. I will tint 1 window in a home or a multi storey building in solar , security, decorative or vinyl film.

Hell , I'll even tint your walls in a di noc film.

Every day builders , asset managers and glaziers will ring me for free advice or to solve their problems.

I flog myself every day and am the hardest working person in my business working longer hours than anyone whilst earning much less than my lowest paid employee.

I've figured out what I am.

I'm a dickhead.

Geez I'll find tune ya Rocky. :lol

Archived