Sprayer setup

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I did auto, I had a 20 gallon electric pump sprayer at the front of the shop and 2 hoses, 1 running down each side of the shop it worked very well but the biggest pita was keeping the hoses clean from dragging on the floor. A certain amount of it can be suspended from the ceiling but the last 7-9 feet of slack tended to drag.

I'm old school, I use hand held pump sprayers :lol I fill 4 of them up and they are only used for the mounting of the film , other sprayers for other parts of the process.

We use 1/2 gallon hand sprayers and one gallon and 3 gallon manual pump sprayers with 10 and 20 foot braided hoses for larger work. All relatively easy to replace in a hurry if something goes south and you have to drop by a big box hardware store to grab a replacement .

I'm old school, I use hand held pump sprayers :lol I fill 4 of them up and they are only used for the mounting of the film , other sprayers for other parts of the process.

Me to, I got tried of the hand held pump sprayers and picked up battery operated ones ............ :lol

027-6.jpg

030-11.jpg

031-5.jpg

I ran lines hooked to my Corney tank in my shop but I took them down. Mainly for reasons like junkie said, little cumbersome to deal with as a whole compared to just keeping a bunch of small sprayers filled.

I am playing around with the idea of hooking lines up to a spare toilet supply valve in the shop. I was thinking I'd run it straight from the valve into a filter then split into two lines: one would be just plain filtered water for cleaning and flushing and the other line would have an in-line soap dispenser for application/slip. Then each line could be split into a couple sprayer handles for multiple locations in the shop.

Would love to find a sprayer handle that would accommodate two lines so I could have slip and plain water at each handle..... :dunno haven't come up with any yet though.

Beauty of this is the only thing that would need to be refilled is the soap, no refilling tanks or having to pressurize them. :dunno just an idea I've been tossing around, feel like I got the idea from somebody up here....speak up if you've got something similar. I've got questions for you :lol

I am getting very close to installing it on my tank...... :D

Archived