Microedge anyone?

This is a pic of my microedging from a handcut pattern. Happy morning! a7y5ezyd.jpg

Looks like a great micro edge TM08 :beer do you ever shave the edge with a Olfla? Many ways to get the job done for sure!

Anyways thanks for the pic and remember this is just the Internet. All great people here, just been lots of newbies on the board getting peeps riled up. Keep posting, don't be a stranger :twocents

The tint comps can be challenging if your not used to having a couple hundred tinters watching. It can ratchet up the stress level. I have seen many many regional tint off competitions that were rigged, lets hope the national is on the up and up!

Cheers

Stan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long do you allow your tint to dry before microedging? I only do it on frameless but personally have had 2 cars come back with it peeling.... specifically on Camaro's for some reason and they were newer ones which you have to "trick" the doors... IDK if it had something to do with the half inch or so the glass moved up when shutting the door or lousy workmanship on my part(hope not) Since I have stopped doing so and just get a super close cut

How much slip do you use mate?

If the film hasn't tacked enough by the time you let the windows drop there's a high chance the film will raise above the edge without creasing or peeling at all..... Just give it a double check with your knife after you drop the windows so you can rule out your workmanship..... Custom fitting, it's what I do, but I do agree its probably not the best thing for the film in the long term.

I'm a slimer and use the suggested amount...  I let it take up a good 30min+  

This is a pic of my microedging from a handcut pattern. Happy morning! a7y5ezyd.jpg

Looks like a great micro edge TM08 :beer do you ever shave the edge with a Olfla? Many ways to get the job done for sure!

Anyways thanks for the pic and remember this is just the Internet. All great people here, just been lots of newbies on the board getting peeps riled up. Keep posting, don't be a stranger :twocents

The tint comps can be challenging if your not used to having a couple hundred tinters watching. It can ratchet up the stress level. I have seen many many regional tint off competitions that were rigged, lets hope the national is on the up and up!

Cheers

Stan

Thanks m8 :beer

46781d1358908383-strobes-n-more-surface-

Hey, never said there was anything wrong with your wind up..... As I said. That's a great professional installation of a windup. That looks like a great custom fit.

Please, when you go to the tint offs, take your camera! I really can not wait to read a whole new topic of your window!

Good luck man who mastered the art of tinting while complaining about working for a guy who pays your rent

Cheers

Stan

The only time I have to shave with a blade is when my cutting angle changes slightly during the initial cut out. I've learned to make one continuous cut while keeping the same angle makes for a good custom fit. Alignment can be another cause for having to shave it.

Archived