The power of the Tintdude forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine you are Joe public consumer. Do a laymans google search for something tint related, something like Vista film or 3M film, which is better. Etc. In almost every case, a TD thread will pop up in the first 1-3 spots. Consumers do this every day and see these threads everyday. The internet has become a huge help to some mfrs and also a huge thorn in the side for some that have gotten by on name alone. This forum is a huge benefit to both people in the trade as well as the customer looking to get real world straight answers.

I actually think that smart consumers come to sites like these to find out what people in the industry have to say in a candid forum, outside of the PC, and sales pitches. I agree that slander etc should be limited, but candid discussions about film quality, longevity and workmanship are what people are looking for. If they want the propaganda, they would simply head to www.llumar3Mjohnsonssolargardmadico.com and get it direct...

Freedom of the press = power to the people.

Kudos Tint Eastwood, as I would have written something similar for both quoted posts.

I have personally been blessed with numerous jobs due to this forum, and many of my new clients have told me they looked more deeply into a particular product they desired, but chose otherwise due to what I, or someone else may have said about it.  For me, if you make a statement with passion behind it, as well as conviction, you are more likely to get noticed, especially if you have other "backers" and rep towards a post.

Lets consider what a consumer has already been told.  In many cases a consumer has already had a salesman (or many salesmen) out.  They have become possibly confused, or simply want an outside opinion from people like us that speak openly about certain products.  I don't know about y'all, but I have done the same thing, and Im sure a lot of do this.  We are not unique.

There is no doubt that TD has provided huge benefits to our industry.

I would like to use this opportunity to touch our code of conduct here.

We have a lot of systematic-belittling and rude remarks made here, by proxies of different competitors. I don't think these should be tolerated or encouraged. All of our regulars, must identify our masterplan to celebrate our work in the industry and the image we want the world to perceive our industry. We have so much humiliating jokes in TD about film defects in virtually every brand, cheaper tints, mobile tinters, etc.......i feel that we gotta be a little less negative and professional when criticising our peers. A town may have countless stories of catching druglords but, these stories will also scare away people who are who are contemplating moving there.

TD Community will become victim of such split-perceptions. It does not reflect well about us, especially when consumers and professionals from the glass-industry are reading. While we insiders have our own cosy corners in TD, outsiders see only the bad rough edges of our trade.

my thoughts

Today, FT is another example of what I wrote earlier.............many factories and distributors have left us, lately we are also very harsh on maxpro and flexi.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/78147-bluemax-squeegee

We are open to discussions but we shouldn't keep chasing people away with personal attacks.

There is no doubt that TD has provided huge benefits to our industry.

I would like to use this opportunity to touch our code of conduct here.

We have a lot of systematic-belittling and rude remarks made here, by proxies of different competitors. I don't think these should be tolerated or encouraged. All of our regulars, must identify our masterplan to celebrate our work in the industry and the image we want the world to perceive our industry. We have so much humiliating jokes in TD about film defects in virtually every brand, cheaper tints, mobile tinters, etc.......i feel that we gotta be a little less negative and professional when criticising our peers. A town may have countless stories of catching druglords but, these stories will also scare away people who are who are contemplating moving there.

TD Community will become victim of such split-perceptions. It does not reflect well about us, especially when consumers and professionals from the glass-industry are reading. While we insiders have our own cosy corners in TD, outsiders see only the bad rough edges of our trade.

my thoughts

Today, FT is another example of what I wrote earlier.............many factories and distributors have left us, lately we are also very harsh on maxpro and flexi.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/78147-bluemax-squeegee

We are open to discussions but we shouldn't keep chasing people away with personal attacks.

You lost any credibility you had with me about knowing films when u said that

Archived