Cool Tips--Tools--Hacks

Anything you got that will help tinting-----home made tools, tips for cutting film, whatever you got........

I'll start with this little dandy helper.  It's a magnetic flashlight holder that will save you a hand and give you an easy place to put your spray nozzle, almost anywhere.  Just put some thin felt over the magnet and don't forget to remove it before you close a door or hatch. 

post-28358-0-33355800-1420298977_thumb.jpost-28358-0-40709000-1420299004_thumb.j

Here's another good one.  A bulldozer bent with a head gun and a fish tank cleaning brush.  Glue on the bottom of a backglass  doesn't stand a chance.  :thumb  

post-28358-0-10664400-1420820560_thumb.p

A wise man once told me to use a bouncy ball or a tennis ball to prop up the rear wiper. Works great :cool

:lol   A side note to that tip..........you can get the mini tennis balls at the pet supply store   :idea

Edited by Bham

If you can't afford to put a big in-line water filter in, this is an inexpensive alternative that works rather well.post-28358-0-02864400-1422025392_thumb.j

It does run a little slow (about 9-10min. for 3 1/2gal.) but worth in my opinion

Edited by Bham

No pics but cut a blue teflon card diagonally and you get two blue teflon ez reaches. I still use the platinum ez reach and shank to tuck film. But this blue teflon ez reach is good for getting water out of your side gaskets. I think the gold/platinum ez reaches are good tuck tools but bad squeegee tools. They seem to scratch window tint quite easily.

Edited by yoderge2

This works well for me when having to install film on motor homes and travel trailers especially when the blinds can't be removed. I took a cheap plastic type olfa knife and cut it in half. I save some used blades that have about 5 more points that can be broke off to use with it. The knife is small enough to fit into the palm of your hand but gives enough leverage to make cuts without having to hold a bare blade. post-31713-142495854687.jpg