Cool Tips--Tools--Hacks

As far as for a "gasket tool" the red devil doesn't work to well. 

BUT, the red devil is GREAT for what I call, chasing/leading the tuck.   I LOVE my red devil. I keep about 4 on hand at all times just so there is always one near by.  I use the red devil and silver platinum triangle to move the bottom sweep out of the way for tucking the film.   I usually have one in one hand using it to lead the tuck while I feed the film with the other.  Both are great for corners also.  

It's all part of the dance  :thumb2  

1 minute ago, jh812 said:

:? @Bham

Those things are great for everything from clipping a drop cloth around a door panel... to holding film (long pieces) at the top of your install glass.  

They are a third arm sometimes.  I have them holding up spare film and use them to hold up pieces that can't get wet. 

Learn to pull rubbers....till this day i dont know how to 2-step and as for marking the film use the metallic sharpie the silver or gold 2 pack they last awhile....use 1500 grit on matrix dots and sand down all of your tools with a 400 grit sandpaper no scratched tint...and also use a clay bar on back windows they clean better

On 1/9/2015 at 11:22 AM, Bham said:

Here's another good one.  A bulldozer bent with a head gun and a fish tank cleaning brush.  Glue on the bottom of a backglass  doesn't stand a chance.  :thumb  

post-28358-0-10664400-1420820560_thumb.p

To: Bent Bulldozer

I think I love you 💋

Guys, If you haven't gotten a "high end" aka, really good hair dryer yet,,,, get one. No more worrying about burning a door panel or a head liner trying to set a finger that didn't snap correctly.  I have been using one for awHile now on stuff like the Accord back doors that have to be snapped so much, or those pesky BMW's that will try to pop a little finger up after install even though you snapped it before hand.  Anyway, the high end hair dryer will keep you from burning anything but still be able to set film without ghosting.  Works great for drying rubber seals on stuff like the rear glass of a '54 Chevy too.