Rear windshield tinted darker than the rest of the windows?

Maybe one day Ill get the rear 2 windows done with the same brand, but darker. Still, I'm hesitant to have my rear windshield tint removed.

I'm gonna beat myself up over this lol. The pitfalls of having ocd

For me, at least. I like the uniformity of the same shade on all the doors. The back is a different site line, and doesn't affect the look as much if different. I would not worry about the numbers so much and go with shading and color and then, make it match or mismatch to your preference. :twocents

Good luck. :beer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy specifically recommended this brand of tint based on what my car already had.  I could just be overthinking it, especially since it's a different % and still hazy cause its not dry.

Ill try and post some pics later to get your opinion, even though I probably shouldnt haha.  Dont think I could handle the cold hard truth from the pros.  Ill go crazy

The rear glass should be fine. I redid my back window on my 09 civic that I'm pretty sure has been there since 09, everything came off fine with zero issues. I've never had a problem removing off the defroster lines. :thumb

Yeah, its definitely a risk Id have to take.  Id feel more comfortable if I did it myself(if I knew what I was doing), but I dont necessarily trust the shop considering theyre not guaranteeing it wont get damaged

You are talking about peoples lives and livelihoods, you are bound to get some strong opinions.

One day window film will be totally illegal cause professional installers and diy kits film are being installed illegally.

The public doesn't understand that these laws are in place not only for their own safety but so LAW enforcement can see you when approaching your vehicle.

Law enforcement officers get shot cause they can't see driver through dark tint.

You are talking about peoples lives and livelihoods, you are bound to get some strong opinions.

One day window film will be totally illegal cause professional installers and diy kits film are being installed illegally.

The public doesn't understand that these laws are in place not only for their own safety but so LAW enforcement can see you when approaching your vehicle.

Law enforcement officers get shot cause they can't see driver through dark tint.

understandable

Yet the biggest vehicles on the road are allowed, IN ALMOST EVERY STATE, to have tint as dark as you want. Most laws state ( Any ).

They aren't even required to have windows, for that matter.

Archived