Rear windshield tinted darker than the rest of the windows?

28%-35% all the way around is a good choice for 4dr cars,,looks nice

limo sucks at night to drive safe,,and if you have glass insurance,,just get a new rear glass if the defroster ends up damaged,,which most are fine after removal,,shop has to cover them self incase

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, like JH said there is a thread for this back and forth about legal/illegal tinting.  The consumer asked a question, he now has his answer, and has been made well aware that it is illegal to have those specific VLT's in his state...case closed.  I am surprised we get any consumers posting on here because of the way they get attacked if what they want doesn't fit your opinion on what the industry standard should be.  I understand the frustration some feel about the subject, but how about direct it more toward the manufacturers that make the film.  Just FYI no window film is allowed on his front doors...so in the eyes of NJ you guys all have installed illegal film.   :twocents

Couldn't agree and disagree more with a post. :thumb

I'll shut my mouth from here on out.  :hopo

28%-35% all the way around is a good choice for 4dr cars,,looks nice

limo sucks at night to drive safe,,and if you have glass insurance,,just get a new rear glass if the defroster ends up damaged,,which most are fine after removal,,shop has to cover them self incase

no glass insurance here.  Ive always had limo in the back and been fine, but it would definitely suck up front.  Would you even consider 15% to be limo?

I would personally go with option 2 because the light/dark shades right next to each other does not look. Plenty of customers do it, but not great looking. So I would have all sides one shade and rear window another shade. Either route you go, you will most likely get a ticket.

Just made my appointment, and I think I'm going with option 2.

I may get a ticket, true lol. But I see tinted cars all over the place every single day. I don't think cops care too much around here.

See. This is the publics view.

Our job is to change it.

I agree with your point. Or as Ghandi once said, 'Be the change you would like to see in the world'.

We cherish freedom in this country and turn around and abuse what freedoms are given (even if they ask for sacrifice), making it difficult to keep freedom alive. It's a given that a very small percentage of the population are responsible for the greater loss of our freedoms simply because they take issue with the one's we already have. This minority are the ones responsible for the laws the majority must tolerate, respect and abide by.

Gee, I see some peeps goin round and cappin others like they don't belong here. Does that mean I am at liberty to do the same.  :spit

Its just a window tint lol.  As long as I pay my fines, I dont see the big deal

You sir is a jackass! 

Oh and the not being able to strip the back glass is bs. Every installer says there is a chance but as long as the tint isn't that old it's really not likely.

If I was getting like 35% I would maybe take the risk.  Since I'm getting 15%, I'm wondering if it's even necessary to change the rear windshield 5% to 15%.  I guess that's my main question lol.

When I look at cars, I notice that the rear windshield looks like 5% at certain angles, no matter how light the shade is.  So I'm thinking it really won't be noticeable having 5% rear windshield with 15% the rest.

I have my car 5% in the back to keep the headlight glare down.  Did my buddies Corolla the same way and doing a Mercedes the same in a few weeks.  I have a 2 door Civic and actually did my little rear quarters in 5% too.  I have done about 7 different jobs on my car as it was the first one I tinted and I changed films, combo %'s, etc.  Practiced on the rear glass and did and redid about 8 times and the defroster still works.  So......ya....not sure I worry too much about that.  Stripped out a 96 Impala rear window film after a 20 year install and it was fine.

Archived