Rear windshield tinted darker than the rest of the windows?

You are talking about peoples lives and livelihoods, you are bound to get some strong opinions.

One day window film will be totally illegal cause professional installers and diy kits film are being installed illegally.

The public doesn't understand that these laws are in place not only for their own safety but so LAW enforcement can see you when approaching your vehicle.

Law enforcement officers get shot cause they can't see driver through dark tint.

I agree that police feel that way, but I want to add that an officer can be shot without any tint.  I keep my gun in the drivers door and I can easily have that ready and shoot them as soon as I want without them seeing a gun.  IMO that is a false sense of security that doesn't hold true in real world situations.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a difference between Solar Gard Supreme series and Solar Gard NR&HP Supreme?

The reason I ask is because Solar Gard's website only has NR(non-reflective) and HP(high-performance) Supreme, but the tint shop near me has just Solar Gard Supreme (apparently its not NR or HP).  If it is a different line of film than the NR, is it still non-reflective?

Thanks

Here are the specs for both

NR:

http://www.solargard.com/docs/default-source/marketing-toolkit/supreme-brochure-0168su.pdf?sfvrsn=5

Supreme:

http://www.solargard.com/docs/marketing-toolkit/supreme-sample-book-0302su-int.pdf?sfvrsn=6

The specs look identical, so maybe they just rebranded as NR?

I just got Supreme 28 on my front 2 windows, and I have 5% (dont know what brand) on all the rears.  Maybe I'm overthinking it, but for some reason something seems off about the new tints.  I'm aware theyll look different because theyre lighter tints, and theyre still not dry, but I'm thinking maybe the actual color and reflectiveness couldve been matched better.

The dude at the shop recommended these, but now I'm wondering if theyre more reflective than the rear tints

Anyone know the difference

It appears one is more reflective or has metal in it. The HP Supreme more than likely has different components(metal, possibly)than the NR. Not 100% sure on that but that is what it looks like to me. :dunno

Most likely in the 6-10% visible light reflection (VLR) range. The human eye begins to detect reflectivity at 11-12% VLR. Clear glass has a VLR of 8%.

HP Supreme 42% is the only one in the series to reach 11%, all other shades are in and around clear glass reflectivity values.

There is a NR Supreme as well, which has VLR values less than glass. Check with the dealer to verify what 'Supreme' film he/she intends using.

Most likely in the 6-10% visible light reflection (VLR) range. The human eye begins to detect reflectivity at 11-12% VLR. Clear glass has a VLR of 8%.

HP Supreme 42% is the only one in the series to reach 11%, all other shades are in and around clear glass reflectivity values.

There is a NR Supreme as well, which has VLR values less than glass. Check with the dealer to verify what 'Supreme' film he/she intends using.

Interesting.  I actually already had the tint done, just didnt have a pic yet.  Here it is, SG Supreme 28 in front, 5% whatever brand in the rear.

1ovhj7.jpg

Archived