Asking opinion: Rayno Window Film

Hello guys. I am quite new here, but getting lots of good information and helpful opinions from this forum. Thanks to everyone here.

What I'd like to ask you guys is that, if anyone in AUS has tried Rayno WF? And any opinions regarding Rayno?

Please let me make thing clear. Yes, I am related to Rayno, and I am studying the AUS market. Any opinions would be very much appreciated. But I am also worried if it's ok to throw this sort of questions here in this forum though. If it's inappropriate, please let me know so that I can close this topic.

Many Thanks in advance

have not heard of it

problems i see with films i have not heard of is, how long will they last  and most importantly how long will they last!?

most of us on here use good quality films because  we pride ourselves in doing a good install and having little to no come backs, warranties are not a good look for business

Many Thanks for tips, guys. As implied, and if I may go a bit deeper, I am an Rayno employee, preparing to enter the AUS market. Yes, I understand it'd be quite difficult job to do. FYI, Rayno provides nano-carbonn ceramic films (called, Phantom series) and paint protection film (also high-end one, like Scotchgard). As you can imagine, I am of course confident with the products, but it seems like.. MEP's market share is just huge.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. And again, thanks for your kind reply, guys.

Hey there TheFen,

The Aussie market is not screaming out for new suppliers or new products unless you are offering something new that is value adding their current business model.

I personally would welcome Rayno or anyone that wants to stand behind their products here... Heck... I would be happy to be the distributor for anyone who is thinking long term... The issue is clear for all to see... Many are happy to sell films here, however the fine print states no warranty on labour. The just means that if a supplier lasts more than 12 months here and experiences warranty claims, it only covers materials... So... This means they are happy to throw more of the same faulty materials at you for free so the cycle can continue until something gives.

The Koreans are trying hard to setup here, but none of the long established distributors are interested in taking on the products due to concerns that the films aren't well suited to our climate. No issue with the performance and technology... It's the adhesives that are the concern.

The market is flooded. "Flooded". Unless you have something that you can offer with Rayno other than a new product that cuts crazy ass heat or off the hook IR stuff, then I would highly recommend looking elsewhere.

I can tell you 100% that the money is in labour... "Putting up da papas..."

e.g. Last month I made $50k in 2 weeks from sticking window tint to glass.

Lets break that down to supply...

Lets say you supply Rayno at $80 profit per 60'' roll...

You would need to sell at pure profit 625 - 60'' rolls in 14 days to make equal profit. And I can assure you that is NOT going to happen. Ever. Well.. Maybe if you were the only film supplier in Australia..

If you just feel like killing time and money isn't something you need for the first 5 or so years, then I endorse 100% you investing in being the Rayno agent here in Australia. To survive, you will need to think long term, and plan it.

Some people don't like honesty, but you can only make some people happy some of the time.

Cheers.

Adding to this...

Who is your target market?

High end?

Mid range?

Cheapest?

You planning to have sales reps? Warehousing? Warehouse staff? Ecommerce platform?

Customized sales and marketing materials? Designers?

Are you in it to make a profit?

That means you need to sell film at a profit...

Setting your prices is crucial... However, the dollar fluctuates. So if you set your prices when the dollar is $0.82AUD - $1US, then in six months time, the dollar hits $0.65. Then you will likely be selling film at a loss.

Solution? Put your prices up...

Result? Unhappy customers that don't accept price rises.

There are also a number of suppliers here that are currently all but focused on market share. Selling at cost. So, if you are competing with a 'US' made film at a cheaper price than what you can offer Rayno for, then what chance do you have other than.. "Hey, Try this new stuff".

You are up against WorldMark-MEP Films who are serious operators.

Then you have JWF, ASWF, Llumar, SunTek, UltraGard, SolarGard, Hanita, 3M, Madico, Global, SunGard and we are likely to see MaxPro reenter the market here soon also. All fighting for a piece of what is not a large pie.

If you truly have a passion and knowledge for films and are ready for a long hard fight, then go for it.. If not... Honestly... Take an office job.

Rayno's most efficient option would be to find an independent distributor that is able to add the range their catalog and market the films Aus wide. Building slowly... Not just send over a container or two and see how things go...

Hope this helps..

Guest Metro Films

Adding to this...

Who is your target market?

High end?

Mid range?

Cheapest?

You planning to have sales reps? Warehousing? Warehouse staff? Ecommerce platform?

Customized sales and marketing materials? Designers?

Are you in it to make a profit?

That means you need to sell film at a profit...

Setting your prices is crucial... However, the dollar fluctuates. So if you set your prices when the dollar is $0.82AUD - $1US, then in six months time, the dollar hits $0.65. Then you will likely be selling film at a loss.

Solution? Put your prices up...

Result? Unhappy customers that don't accept price rises.

There are also a number of suppliers here that are currently all but focused on market share. Selling at cost. So, if you are competing with a 'US' made film at a cheaper price than what you can offer Rayno for, then what chance do you have other than.. "Hey, Try this new stuff".

You are up against WorldMark-MEP Films who are serious operators.

Then you have JWF, ASWF, Llumar, SunTek, UltraGard, SolarGard, Hanita, 3M, Madico, Global, SunGard and we are likely to see MaxPro reenter the market here soon also. All fighting for a piece of what is not a large pie.

If you truly have a passion and knowledge for films and are ready for a long hard fight, then go for it.. If not... Honestly... Take an office job.

Rayno's most efficient option would be to find an independent distributor that is able to add the range their catalog and market the films Aus wide. Building slowly... Not just send over a container or two and see how things go...

Hope this helps..

Where in the hell do you guys get all this info

Many Thanks for tips, guys. As implied, and if I may go a bit deeper, I am an Rayno employee, preparing to enter the AUS market. Yes, I understand it'd be quite difficult job to do. FYI, Rayno provides nano-carbonn ceramic films (called, Phantom series) and paint protection film (also high-end one, like Scotchgard). As you can imagine, I am of course confident with the products, but it seems like.. MEP's market share is just huge.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. And again, thanks for your kind reply, guys.

Archived