99$ Tint Shops

Actually, that's not entirely correct.  There is a post here in the shop owners section that explains your profit on less customers but with a higher price. The 50% of customers but at $199 actually makes you more then just double. (Or half looking at it form the other direction) 

I wish I had it book marked.... Maybe I'll sit down and look for it. It made a really good point on making more $$ with less customers, and as you pointed out - a ton less stress. :thumb2

Not trying to disagree with you - it's actually much better then you stated. :boogie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I read the post that explains it. My post is just a quick response. I didnt want to explain it on facebook. I also remember learning it in my management class. At the end of the day. Everyone is against that $99 tint job. It attracts the wrong people as well.

Yeah, I wouldn't have gone into it on FB either. Way too easy to start a war. [emoji38]2

I wish I had taken some biz classes at school... If I can actually get things to the point of not doing installs anymore, I'd like to take some.. and maybe once or twice a year take classes on selling and marketing.

That's the plan. One of my plan was to open a kiosk at the mall and people can give us their keys and we can tint it while they shop. Ofcourse there is more detail that goes into it because no one will hand out a car key without some kind of "peace-of-mind"

That actually sounds pretty neat! Tint while you shop. :) 

There are so many different ways to market and run a biz... the traditional shop is fine - but I think anyone could do better thinking outside the box from time to time, or at least when starting out. (Esp. if you don't have a shop on a main road or something) 

You almost have to for flat glass.  :thumb

Of course it depends on how much you can push out, but most are right quality of over quantity, I rather charge $1000 for one car than do a million to just get to that number. But $99 tint shops are popping every now and then maybe lower but, it doesnt help when certain distributors encourage customers charge $99 per car :facepalm2

Well first a million cars to equal 1000 would be like a penny a car right :lol and I know the video you're talking about now. That guy that didn't do anything did 71 99 dollar jobs :lol2 me personally I'll go back to my old job before I charge 99. I'm not saying I haven't done that but it's definitely not for the general public.

Archived