Warning E300s electrical

WENTPRO

Hey guys just did a new e300 2016 really easy went light on the water and the key fob still wouldnt recognize itself..windows stopped rolling up and down unless u put key in cup holder area where it fits in key spot then when started it will roll down and up but only if running..luckily it is a friends gonna hope it dries out overnight fingers crossed.. ok all is well it dried up but try explaining that to a customer who isnt a friend or family not fun..

Edited by WENTPRO

We did one a while back with zero issues at all. We got another one in a few weeks afterwards and after we finished the car, we turned it on and it kept say "key not detected". Luckily the customer dropped it off and came for it later. It got better and better after a while as it dried out (we used fans, compressed air & vacuum blowers to assist). Was almost 100% when I gave it back to the customer. Turned over the car to them and didn't hear anything back so I assumed it was good to go!

I turned down a customer just now buying a new E300 because of this issue. Dealer is upset I won't do it because the customer said he wouldn't buy the car unless it can be tinted. I've had issue with earlier C-class. But it usually dried in about 3-4 hours and was ok, but at this point I'm not willing to take a chance, as some have said the drying out doesn't always work. Very frustrating

So I got a 2018 e class coming on Sunday. I did some research on the topic and found out that there are keyless go antennas in doors, in the trunk and under the hood. Now I don't think that getting antennas wet would make these problems. But there is also a keyless go control module located in the right quarter panel under those hard covers and I think that it could get wet easily while doing the back glass, and I think that is making problems. I will try removing those covers and wrapping the module with something so that it doesn't get wet. I will let you know how it goes. If anyone has any new info on the topic I would appreciate it. I have attached picture of that module

Capture.JPG

OK I have finished the e class and all vent good. First I have removed spare tyre cover, than plastic cover where the trunk latch is located, than rear right quarter panel cover to access keyless go module. There are couple of electronic modules including keyless go on a bracket. There are two screws holdin down the bracket. Unscrewed both of them and pulled whole bracket to the left. I have put plastic bag over the electronics and taped some paper towels around the wires so that water doesnt slide to electronics along the wires. Be careful while removing all plastics in the trunk they are very poor quality. There was a few drops of water im there when I was done with tinting back glass. I do believe that they could cause malfunction od keyless go unit since build quality of that plastic box is really poor and it is not sealed

20181007_103513.jpg

20181007_103506.jpg

20181007_103503.jpg