Side jobs?

I never steal from the shop im talking about family friends.... My boss let's me schedule side jobs at the shop on my days off...

7 minutes ago, Ryker said:

Your doing "side jobs" and stealing from your employer and now complaining about the cheap customer being a pain!??  

Doing it cheaper is always going to get you the asshat customers!!!

Edited by Jkatfelix

Business is business...needs to stay separated from personal work.  Even though you are doing it as side work and for someone you know, the impression still might be it is being done by the shop.  So if there is ever a warranty issue and you have moved out of town, that shop might be getting a bad review or complaint because that person thinks they are responsible for it.  Not so much to do with you, just a stupid decision by the business owner.  As far as side work being worth it to you, only you can answer that.

3 hours ago, Jkatfelix said:

Ok...Im gonna stop doing side work....it's not worth it in the end

Hell no do side jobs then make your own business dont listen to these cracks just do it on your  own time with your own tint  make that cash...after hours weekends it's your world bro... 

I have my own film I always have... But lately it hasn't been worth it 

1 hour ago, quality tintz said:

Hell no do side jobs then make your own business dont listen to these cracks just do it on your  own time with your own tint  make that cash...after hours weekends it's your world bro... 

When you own a business you sometimes feel like you're training people to go off on their own and be a competitor. Just felt like saying that.
Shops with a good volume of work can make money off of a $150 tint job as a special (there's no such thing as a car cheaper than $150, any less and you're just pissing yourself off). As for side work, go for it, but charge top dollar so you can use the right film, take your time and get it right, and tell the customer that and pass if they won't pay, tell them it's just not worth it to do a crappy job, because it's not. Related: Make sure you give them their money's worth.

And keep your business separate from your boss's, you'd be surprised how you can become liable for things just by standing there let alone operate a business within there.

Edited by Tint Slayer