Tesla 3 Windshield Film Computer Problems

mrav8tr

Crash wrap. You’ll thank me later. 

Stick to dash prior to cleaning and install. 

Drapes down over everything.

been using it for years and cheap. 

I put it over rear deck speakers too when I do removal not to fill speakers with water.

cheers

Got my hands on a model 3 finally. The back glass is basically a ( shorter, narrower, les curved ) version of the model x windshield. Measures about 57 inches tall and the widest part is like 44. Did not do the roof or windshield, but looks pretty straight forward other than just being xtra careful to cover everything up so it doesn’t get wet

O.k., here's the latest and hopefully the last.

We had to replace a computer module, $900 through Tesla.

I have on solid information:

The Tesla 3 has (2) modules mounted on the inside firewall, below the windshield right next to the "a" pillars on each side. These modules give information to the main computer and have the "plug" opening facing up which allows any liquid to drain into these modules causing a short.

We are not the only one's having this occur. Tesla has had a few happen and is working on a redesign for the future 3's. They wont fix currently made 3"s just making changes to ones being built now.

So a recap, it doesn't take much liquid to run down the "a" pillar areas on both side to be a problem. Take extra caution in these areas.

38 minutes ago, mrav8tr said:

The Tesla 3 has (2) modules mounted on the inside firewall, below the windshield right next to the "a" pillars on each side. These modules give information to the main computer and have the "plug" opening facing up which allows any liquid to drain into these modules causing a short.

We are not the only one's having this occur. Tesla has had a few happen and is working on a redesign for the future 3's. They wont fix currently made 3"s just making changes to ones being built now.

So a recap, it doesn't take much liquid to run down the "a" pillar areas on both side to be a problem. Take extra caution in these areas.

Thanks!!!

On 3/8/2018 at 7:00 AM, mrav8tr said:

Thanks bro. I’ll definitely pass on these from now on. 

Don't stop or avoid them, that takes away from your business, just be aware of the concerns and prevent any future problems. Same thing with everything we do, avoid water in dashes, ford rear view mirrors etc. Prevent a problem by being educated and prevent it. Don't avoid the cars or there will be more cars you won't do, than do.