Pricing Structure

14 hours ago, TNTLady said:

@ErieTint Sounds like every one has given you the advice I would have given you. I however do not charge less for 2 door coupes because the doors are longer And generally the back windows are longer and more sloped lending to more difficulty in tinting them. I would also advise you order the 20% in the ATC Series because there are some 2 door jobs that it will match up better to than the 15% ATC Series. I only carry the CTX Series, the ATC Series and Air 80 in the LLumar films. :thumb2

Thanks @TNTLady! Thats the idea right now, gives me a 15% step between everything. Plus the 20% will match factory a little better than the 15% does. Thinking the same thing on the choices too. ATC, CTX and Air 80. Gotta run through some of what I have first to make way for new stock.

14 hours ago, highplains said:

I'm a 3M dealer and carry their FX Premium and Color Stable lines. In FX I stock 5, 15, 25, and 35. In the CS I stock 20(15) and 35. I could easily drop the 25 in the FX line as it's my slowest seller but it's nice to have on hand for the customer that wants an in between shade. In the past I've handled special orders two ways, ordering a cut roll (and charging the extra cut fee from my distributor) so I wouldn't have to hang onto a bunch of extra or when that wasn't an option ordering a full roll and charging the customer for it at a lower markup rate. Both worked out well, you just have to be upfront about it: "this is a special order and as a result it's going to cost $x.xx"

:yeah that is exactly why I charge the same for coupes and sedans. More often than not your actual glass sqft (material usage) is close to the same. Plus from a labor side they are more of a pain to install, especially if you're a big guy like me.

Thanks @highplains! My idea was to give them a standard up charge if its ATC, say for example $25, more if its CTX because the roll is more expensive. I like the theory on the Coupe/Sedan question. I was thinking of knocking a couple bucks off to make it slightly more appealing but maybe not.

@Midtown Houston The links you listed don't work. They take you to a page but it is blank landing page.

17 hours ago, ErieTint said:

I am a LLumar dealer (I know, I know, $$$...) and really like the idea of the heat rejection in the ATR and CTX lines. However, I am not a fan of the potential issues with ATR, hence the Dyed and Ceramic pricing that I mentioned in my first post. Would it be worth my while to carry ATR instead of CTX? I know there is a huge price difference there but I don't want to have to order some CTX because one install that I did had an issue with one window and now I have a roll of CTX that I don't normally stock and will likely never finish. I would rather price it accordingly and stock Dyed and Ceramic and just skip the in between. I really like the idea of having an in use roll plus a spare roll of everything in stock and skipping over ATR and sticking to ATC and CTX would help that.

What do you guys stock normally for customers? Do you take special orders for VLTs that you don't stock? Do you up charge the customer if so because it isn't a stocked roll?

I ordered 50%, 35%, 15% and some Air 90 with my opening order. I just had to order some 5% for a job I did last night for a friend. Should have done more reading and tried to plan a little better before my first order. I am going to stock 20% in place of the 15% once I run through what I have now. Then there is a 15% step (50/35/20/5) between each offering with the exception of the Air 90. Helps my OCD as well. Haha!

Thanks again for all of the feedback everyone.

When we started with Llumar, we carried ATC/ATR/CTX/AIR.  ATR was our slowest seller since it doesn't perform well on the heat lamp.  We decided to drop it and place 3M CS in at that price point.  I do believe it is best to have a Good/Better/Best lineup, but making sure that the customer can see the reason to upgrade to it.  As for the AIR line, I would recommend stocking 80 and forget 90 or only order a 25' roll of it.  The performance on 90 is very low so most customers will go with 80 since it is also extremely clear, but a lot more performance.  We stock 15/20/30/35/50 in ATC, 15/30/35/40/50 in CTX, and AIR 80.  I originally was not going to stock 30, but it sells pretty well.  I only stock 40 because of North Carolina, but only offer it in CTX so they have to pay of they want to be legal there.

22 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

When we started with Llumar, we carried ATC/ATR/CTX/AIR.  ATR was our slowest seller since it doesn't perform well on the heat lamp.  We decided to drop it and place 3M CS in at that price point.  I do believe it is best to have a Good/Better/Best lineup, but making sure that the customer can see the reason to upgrade to it.  As for the AIR line, I would recommend stocking 80 and forget 90 or only order a 25' roll of it.  The performance on 90 is very low so most customers will go with 80 since it is also extremely clear, but a lot more performance.  We stock 15/20/30/35/50 in ATC, 15/30/35/40/50 in CTX, and AIR 80.  I originally was not going to stock 30, but it sells pretty well.  I only stock 40 because of North Carolina, but only offer it in CTX so they have to pay of they want to be legal there.

I wish I had done a little more reading and research before I made my opening order with LLumar. I don't think I would have ordered anything Air Series originally but it will give me something to play with. My account rep was the influence on ordering Air 90. She suggested it for exactly the reason you would want it installed, its performance. It sure didn't hurt that its price was a nice bump toward my total which helped me with my opening order minimum.

What I have learned, read and installed so far will help me adjust my future orders. Dropping the 15% in place of 20% and going to Air 80 instead of Air 90 for that jump in performance.

6 hours ago, pbalentine said:

Midtown, I like the price ponts with removal included.  Im going back to pricing coupe/sedan the same.  That price for a visor will really make those charging $25 for it feel dumb..lol!

Price what you hate doing more...so it make make you happy doing it. 

5 hours ago, drtint said:

Phone shop the local shops. Price where you are compatible and comfortable.

That's kind of the hard part @drtint... There isn't any local competition. :)

3 hours ago, Midtown Houston said:

Price what you hate doing more...so it make make you happy doing it. 

The hard number to come up with a price for is removal. I would be willing to discount it when paying for a reinstall but I want to have something hard in writing even if they aren't asking for new tint.