Toxic dryer sheets anti static back glass

I use Dial orange hand soap on a wax applicator or one of the shops had an installer who left this huge gigantic bottle of Dawn dish soap. I would NEVER use it as slip solution so I sometimes use that as well and like it as it dries quicker than the orange. A small squirt on the applicator and then apply to glass. By the time I get back window off the plotter it is dry.

I can also mention that Llumar in their classroom course they offer for window tinting...the instructor teaches the use of dryer sheets. I was there for a PPF certification course and mentioned the whole deal of dryer sheets and cancer causing...etc... etc... and the guy didn't place much belief in that scenario happening from window tinting.

I don't avoid using them because I consider them to be hazardous, but rather because I always found the glass harder to clean the residue off after I shrank a window than when I used the liquid soap. Also the soap is usually cheaper. 

Edited by Sunbreakers

Just use downy liquid fabric softener. .. it has to be that brand. .. the rest don't shrink right. .. spray some I  the bg and error written

With a microfiber towel to a light haze and dry almost instantly 

baby powder has worked great for me,  just takes a bit to adapt and understand the benefits.

cleans up easy,  if you can see it, you are using to much

buy little bottles,  goes bad quick in humid areas,  heat with the humidity is attracted to cold objects (condensation)

does not let film stick to glass,  shows fingers that soap and dryer sheets don't

lets you overshrink to inside curve which is tighter then outside curve preventing fingers,  google formula for length of a arc or please tell this old fart how to type the pie symbol LOL

film shrinks,  glass is the heatsink stopping the film from shrinking further.  film acts as a heat shield while shrinking only transferring heat to glass when shrunk.  proper torch techniques shrinks faster and keeps glass and moldings cooler then heat guns.  heat guns can be bad and still make heat (understanding thermocouple regulators) .  anyone care to debate why torches are safer then heat guns?

13 hours ago, Ryker said:

Look up the "mdog soap shrink" and also look at my "the ryk shrink" 

Soap works great but a heavier soap solution misted and wiped on the window will be very close to your dryer sheet.

That’s what I do. Dries fairly quick unless high humidity but wipes off clean as a whistle without polishing the back window for 20 min trying to get residue off from dryer sheets...beside they taste like shit when separating film with my teeth

re: toxicity

People just don't understand that just because they used the sheets x amount of time with no ill effect they are "safe" for everyone else to use.

Tell you what, try doing the amount of tobacco, booze, heroin and cocaine that Kieth Richards has proven is  "safe" and see how that works out for you.