Last one to post #851

@DynamicATL or  Anyone else, know if you can use headlight restoration on a 2008 C-6 Vette ??  I'm thinking I heard somewhere that it doesn't work on these headlight lenses. :dunno   

1 minute ago, Bham said:

@DynamicATL or  Anyone else, know if you can use headlight restoration on a 2008 C-6 Vette ??  I'm thinking I heard somewhere that it doesn't work on these headlight lenses. :dunno   

Never done one, so not 100% sure.  I would assume it is because it is clear plastic.  I would just watch how hot you get the lens cause they tend to spider crack with too much heat.

3 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

Never done one, so not 100% sure.  I would assume it is because it is clear plastic.  I would just watch how hot you get the lens cause they tend to spider crack with too much heat.

See, I've heard they also do that with headlight film applied to them. :thanks   I'm not messing with it,, but he asked if I could get some answers. :thumb  

12 minutes ago, Bham said:

See, I've heard they also do that with headlight film applied to them. :thanks   I'm not messing with it,, but he asked if I could get some answers. :thumb  

Yes, tons of issues with putting film on them.  The headlights put out a lot of heat and the headlight film helps trap the heat in the shallow headlamps.

Edited by DynamicATL

Ready for beers :40  

Damn C-6 backglass is trying to beat me.  

Two rounds to the Vette so far. :mad:wall 

I know I have accomplished one of these before.  This one though.... :bat bottom corner keeps getting me.  

Edited by Bham

Wished I'd had a 40in roll on the last one, I shrink the top first... slide it up past my burn or crease :lol and repeat on the bottom last one I was still cooking fingers on the side after install though.