Mobile business ideas

On 6/8/2018 at 3:16 AM, Sunbreakers said:

Portable power you are going to have to use a generator or some sort of battery bank and an inverter but you will not be able to run a heat gun with either.

Hey,have a little question 

What kind of generator can you advise to me?
I'm not very good at this, I would be grateful for the advice and help

Edited by jonnywalter

1 hour ago, jonnywalter said:

Hey,have a little question 

What kind of generator can you advise to me?
I'm not very good at this, I would be grateful for the advice and help

Depends on whether or not you are going to use a vehicle mounted generator or a portable one. Also depends on what you will run off it and if you need electronic grade electricity or not.  If you are running heat gun or heavy amp stuff you will need big one. You need to figure all the things you might run (amperage) and then add 10-15% and that is what you need to look for in a generator. I would also advise quietest possible. Some areas I work in will not allow me to run genset so I am forced to run off of lithium ion batteries. 

When I was self employed and “mobile tinting” I definitely did not have the cash to set up like @Sunbreakers. That set/up is definitely the best I’ve seen. So what I did was, forget the individual customer and I targeted successful automotive accessories shops. Busy places that offered things like truck accessories or 12volt places, even detailers that didn’t offer window tinting. Give them a “wholesale price list”, which in most cases was pretty close to retail. I would use thier facility and tint their customers vehicles. This way you’re not having to literally sell every customer! Which can take up most of the day. I had them schedule several jobs together, so when I went there it was for at least 2 jobs, and they paid right then. 

And then onto the next shop scheduled that day. After a couple months, I had it going really efficiently and filtered it down to 4 main customers that I did a ton of work for. If you do good work and talk with these companies, you’ll find most have tried to break into the tinting business, but for one reason or another it wasn’t worth it. Most cases were having poor installations and it would hurt their otherwise good reputation. In short, the small hit you take in the per car fee, will be more than made up by volume, efficiency, and definitely less stress. 

I’ve been a mobile window tinter for over 15 years, there are definitely some tricks to it that shops don’t know how to do ! I do tint in  the full sun sometimes , the one thing I won’t do without is a place to plug-in . Battery banks and converters never did the trick for me ! I’ve been working on a how to video I need to cut and edit ! 

22 hours ago, Whyme said:

I’ve been a mobile window tinter for over 15 years, there are definitely some tricks to it that shops don’t know how to do ! I do tint in  the full sun sometimes , the one thing I won’t do without is a place to plug-in . Battery banks and converters never did the trick for me ! I’ve been working on a how to video I need to cut and edit ! 

How do You get clean work outside wet the floor??? Videos and tricks please???