Got hustle on Yelp

We got a 2 stars review on yelp and this is rare that we can not make a customer happy. So I had my manager reach out to the customer....we install Fx Premium 30 which is a 35%vlt and read at about 30%-32% once installed. Well we offered the customer ceramic pro install because of his trouble and explain the technical part of the vlt to the customer....he accepted and will remove the review....after getting his car in to do the free service...We notice it is still our film....we feel like a dumbass but not much we can do....I NEED THIS REVIEW REMOVE.  I been in business for almost 15 yrs and this review will hurt my business....Just need to vent...

44F5E012-7E12-4958-910A-D19B280BBCD2.png

Honestly looks like a common case of something you should've went over with the customer. All of my customers that ask different numbers questions I explain there's a difference between actual film vlt and install vlt. Realistically I'm not familiar with 3m at all I can tell you though that a film that meters 35 out of box is not going to meter 32 installed. 32 is common with a film that meters 40 to 41 on vehicle. a true 35 film is going to be in the mid to lower 20 range from my experience. 

Bad reviews will always happen, if you have all 5-stars now it is coming.  You can't please everyone...some shops get them simply because they thought the shop was priced too high.  As long as you keep getting 5-star reviews, a few bad ones will not affect business.  As TQ said, a lot of consumers will see how you respond to an upset customer...you can still earn their business based solely how you handle it.

Perfect example was a 2-star review we got last week on Saturday before Memorial Day.  I helped the customer buying some lights.  He was so impressed with the customer service, he stopped me before ringing up to say it.   Then he leaves us the review saying service was good, but that we gave him the wrong high beam bulb.  He was upset that we are closed Sunday and most likely the holiday.  I replied back that I was the one helping, that we gave you the specific bulbs for that vehicle even including a link for others to see.  I am 100% he got the correct model, he just made a mistake when installing...happens daily.  Guess what, week and a half later and he has not shown up to exchange them which tells me he figured it out.  Downside is the review is still there.

Edited by DynamicATL

25 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

Bad reviews will always happen, if you have all 5-stars now it is coming.  You can't please everyone...some shops get them simply because they thought the shop was priced too high.  As long as you keep getting 5-star reviews, a few bad ones will not affect business.  As TQ said, a lot of consumers will see how you respond to an upset customer...you can still earn their business based solely how you handle it.

Perfect example was a 2-star review we got last week on Saturday before Memorial Day.  I helped the customer buying some lights.  He was so impressed with the customer service, he stopped me before ringing up to say it.   Then he leaves us the review saying service was good, but that we gave him the wrong high beam bulb.  He was upset that we are closed Sunday and most likely the holiday.  I replied back that I was the one helping, that we gave you the specific bulbs for that vehicle even including a link for others to see.  I am 100% he got the correct model, he just made a mistake when installing...happens daily.  Guess what, week and a half later and he has not shown up to exchange them which tells me he figured it out.  Downside is the review is still there.

Now this may change in years to come but I think that is very area dependant as well. I just feel things is different in the ATL than down in the county :lol