Last One To Post #868

Just heard a local FG shop is now tinting cars. :blink

I don't get it... an established FG shop that's been in biz for 25 years is now tinting cars. I get the reverse - car shops doing FG... but for a FG outfit that has (at least in the past) a ton of commercial relationships as well as a solid residential base... why get into cars? Doesn't make sense to me. :dunno

'evening all....

@Roach   I would have to agree.  That seems rather backwards.  Although if the market is there, and the capacity to stack a schedule, you can make just as much in cars as flat glass,,,, with enough competent installers that is.  Returns/redos and damages will kill a car business with bad installers.  

35 minutes ago, Bham said:

@Roach   I would have to agree.  That seems rather backwards.  Although if the market is there, and the capacity to stack a schedule, you can make just as much in cars as flat glass,,,, with enough competent installers that is.  Returns/redos and damages will kill a car business with bad installers.  

Why not fellas? Tinting cars is easy right?

:lol

Super easy!

41 minutes ago, Bham said:

Agreed, I guess. I just think.. I dunno... I think you'd get more return out of spending whatever time/money they are going to invest in developing the car side of things into more FG opportunities.

I could be way off base.. And I hope they do well. :thumb2