Shit see if you can even shrink it that way with like half a back window or something first? I need to know how this ends, seems like you have way more than my 2 hours to get it done. :lol salesmen are stupid like that window :rollin 

Hopefully, I’ll slow down a little next week, so that I can work on it. I really don’t even know how bad of a shrink it is yet. Typically I get a couple slower days after the month closes, since a good portion of my jobs are wholesale. I don’t mind doing some difficult installs, as long as it’s not costing me money. That’s the trade off with my customers that own S@&* like this. I get to it when I have time, and they get a quality job on a car that other shops (won’t/can’t) do. Otherwise, they are welcome to come get it and take it someplace else.  I’ll definitely post when I get to start messing with it again.

@no ma'am

On 8/3/2018 at 4:49 PM, smartie2shoes said:

The black border is original. I remember doing these in the 80's and you had to be extra careful not to strike the black lest it crumbles and seeped under the film edge. Absolute nightmare.

I use to do them in 9 butt-seamed strips. Met guy out of Orlando back then that did them in 5 pieces using vertical seams.

yep-that black is original-i've done a bunch of them years ago when i was just starting and that stuff will just keep flaking

gotta pass on those-too frustrating

Got it done, even though I had to give it a 3rd attempt. When I can back after the second one to touch it up, there were 2 fingers that creased a bit when I laid them down. So I pulled it off and gave it another go on Friday. Glad I did, looks better now! 

They were pretty small creases on that second one, but they were just too noticeable.

FBF26DDA-7C00-480D-9D55-ED45F7900D07.jpeg

CF08DA4C-4CBA-486D-8D40-A50CA72F581E.jpeg

1CCC2AF7-78E1-46CF-A8E4-1DB241893576.jpeg

3FFE3276-8F4F-44D8-B1F7-ACD00F0EA3CB.jpeg

100175BF-81EA-45F8-B4BA-E2722AE4AA6C.jpeg