Last one to Post #889: Open chat thread

Guy two doors down from me left a note in my mailbox... they are having a birthday party tomorrow and wanted to warn let everyone know that they are going to have a ton of people and a lot of loud music. :evileye

Said they contacted the township and got a permit and everything. Should be over by 10pm... which hopefully that's true. Otherwise I might sleep somewhere else tomorrow night....

9 hours ago, highplains said:

Ok @TNTLady I just scheduled another one :facepalm , what is your approach on them? I've been trimming the outside edge and going back with puffy paint if I end up with any light gaps. It's been working pretty well but if you have a better way I'm all ears, or eyes in this case if you want to get technical :lol

I take a release liner and after scrubbing, scraping and cleaning around the insides realy well I wet and lay the liner on the left or right side of the slider. I use a hard card of sorts and push the liner down close to the side trim closely all around the outline of the glass. I take the liner to my table and cut the film top and bottom sides straight and the stright side adjascent to the middle slider. The rest I cut just a quarter inch larger. I then fit each piece to the correct glass and trim the rest using my hard card to once again lead the way around the rounded portion. Clean glass, peal, spray, stick, squeegie and wick!! 

38 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

@highplains ahh burying the needle and leaving before authorities could react :murica 2:73's and 5 speeds easy to top out a 150 speedo :run  :murica I never see them in north Dallas area, :chin guess I gotta to buy one.  

They're coming up, a bunch sold at Barrett Jackson a while back for stupid prices so all the ones I've seen for sale lately have been way overpriced