First Cracked Window in over 25 years !!!

33 minutes ago, MT1 said:

And that " at best " would be a FAR stretch for me. I don't mean to give a customer a hard time but I just don't understand the whole make your problem my problem mindset when I have done absolutely nothing wrong. 

Same here :lol if by some means I was forced into replacing the glass I damn sure wouldn't be retinting it. That's a tough situation all together that I hope I never run into. 

I agree with the opinions...However, this is a loyal frequent return customer..I really didn't know how to handle this one I have to admit.. If this had been a one time customer, then I would have been less likely to have done anything about it, but given the strange circumstance I simply did what I thought necessary. Already had a referral from them that almost covered the windshield cost so eventually I will make up the expense. 

6 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

I agree with the opinions...However, this is a loyal frequent return customer..I really didn't know how to handle this one I have to admit.. If this had been a one time customer, then I would have been less likely to have done anything about it, but given the strange circumstance I simply did what I thought necessary. Already had a referral from them that almost covered the windshield cost so eventually I will make up the expense. 

Ain't nothing wrong with that homie. We all handle situations differently with different circumstances. You went above and beyond for the customer and hopefully they know that. 

7 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

Then all that Matters then is that you did what you thought was right. You considered all the details the best you could and acted out of integrity. Bottom line.  You put out a fire kept your customer and recovered your cost. Well done sir.

Just gave 2 email quotes on these monday and even one guy asked about the back window if its ok to tint. I just quoted without doing the back, but still adding $75 over a sedan. 

BTW, where is ATL?? He posted about the problem being the two layers of glass on a huge window. 

it is hard to believe that this happen with the heat gun I did one of those last week and I had to heat the film quite a bit since this glass has a very funny curvature. there has to be a better explanation other than a problem with  heating the glass . I agree that this was a problem prior taking it to you.

12 hours ago, florida tinter said:

Tesla windows are defective from the get go....they need a better window supplier 

Yep, a lot of people that own these know too and are ok without having the bg done. I had one customer said he was heard if the issue and didnt want to waste money retinting the bg if it cracks.