Advice on internally non-reflective architectural film

Hi guys,

I’m looking for advice on some architectural film. I hope I’ve posted in the right place.

I want to tint the windows in my apartment. It would be nice to have some degree of added privacy and UV/heat protection but those are secondary. The main thing I’m looking for is something with low internal reflectivity because I don’t want my internal lights to interfere with the view.

I saw 3M’s “Sun Control Window Film, Night Vision Series” and it looks great but it’s quite a lot more than I want to spend. It looks to be about $1750 per roll and you get a lot more than I need.

Is there anything else that has similar non-reflex properties on the inside? Ideally I just want dark, maybe silver reflective if nothing else is available, around 50% or maybe 35%.

Please let me know if such a thing exists. Or if it’s standard for window films to have low internal reflectivity, and this is just 3M marketing talk.

Thanks

tt

On 12/28/2023 at 10:17 AM, Tintguy1980 said:

LLumar DR series, if still available, is practically a dead ringer in look and performance to Night Vision for less.

Global DR Ceramic is another that leans to the smoke look rather than LLumar and 3M's Night vision. 35% VLT would suffice.

Llumar's DR series is still available, it's one of the main lines we carry at my company for commercial and residential work. Although some people don't like the warm grey tone of the DR and tend to move more towards the Vista Dual Reflective Series like the V28.