My windows are now.... very, very hot!

Guest nocalhomeowner

Guest cactustint

[quote name='scottym'

I'm considering using the Ceramic 40 in the problem rooms and perhaps the Llumar N-1035 Bronze or Madico SL-380 on the back of my house to save money.

ScottyM :spit

I would do it other way

n10 or sl in problem and c40 in back

Guest darkdan

Yeah, you've got those backwards.

You must be impressed with the fancy ceramics or something.

The N-1035B will reject more heat (higher TSER and better Shading Coefficient).

So unless you're concerned with the reflectivity for those certain rooms I'd go with it throughout the house. You'll save money and make your house look uniform.

Guest scottym

So unless you're concerned with the reflectivity for those certain rooms I'd go with it throughout the house. You'll save money and make your house look uniform.

Well, yes I'm definitely impressed with the clarity of the Ceramic 40. I'm hearing support from cactustint and others for using a middle of the road (in terms of SC) bronze where I need top performance heat rejection.

I do belive that spectrally selective films have the potenial to outperform metallized and I am impressed with innovation. Sometimes it can be an Achilles heal. Any Huper vendors want to jump in? Otherwise I'm going to follow darkdan's advice an go with 35-40 VLT (1/8 single pane clear) bronze film.

If you are planning on 40 on one side and a bronze on the other side, the windows will look different. One will be bronze color and the other grey.

Many times I will install ceramic on one side and Madico's SL-280 on the other

Guest scottym
If you are planning on 40 on one side and a bronze on the other side, the windows will look different. One will be bronze color and the other grey.

Many times I will install ceramic on one side and Madico's SL-280 on the other

I'm okay with having different tints on opposite sides of the house. Definitely not the same side. Although I'd consider a 30 and 40 on the same side for the same film series. I have a hard time seeing the difference between a 30 and 40 so I think I can get away with it.

The only reason the customer goes with different product lines is cost.

Many homes have 30 and 40 installed by us. Many times, they are mixed on the same wall. It is hard to tell the difference.

Guest cactustint

Well, yes I'm definitely impressed with the clarity of the Ceramic 40. I'm hearing support from cactustint and others for using a middle of the road (in terms of SC) bronze where I need top performance heat rejection.

I do belive that spectrally selective films have the potenial to outperform metallized and I am impressed with innovation. Sometimes it can be an Achilles heal. Any Huper vendors want to jump in? Otherwise I'm going to follow darkdan's advice an go with 35-40 VLT (1/8 single pane clear) bronze film.

remeber to

c30 c40 not sprectral select tint