Choose between these two tints.

Guest Hondabuff

Guest mr3y1956
Yes.. Thanks Valuetint for selling direct to consumer blink.png

I agree, I never intended to sell to the direct public, it has always been our business model to sell to experienced tinters. We are looking for a way qualify a prospect before he has access to film pricing. My humble apologies, we will try to change things as soon as we can.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hondabuff

I would of never found Valuetint if I never searched for window tint on Yahoo and found Tintdude.com and read the posts about it. confused2.gif

Guest Djkyle65
Yes.. Thanks Valuetint for selling direct to consumer blink.png

I dont see what the big deal is ? You can buy from anyone pretty much without being a dealer. I dont understand why yall are so pissed at this guy for pulling off a good tint job he came in here asking a simple question and got the same story yall give everyone. I would be more worried about the $99 hacks than the one or two consumers who try and fail at pulling of a halfway decent tint job.

Ok Genius.... Maybe next time you need a new car stereo you should just call Alpine Electronics direct and order on up.....

Or maybe when you need a new home appliance you just call good ol' whirlpool direct and see how that goes...

If you are going to be a Manufacture or a Distributor that's what you need to do.. Don't screw your dealers by selling direct to the public... That's what the big deal is..

What VT should have done is refer the customer to their nearest dealer to purchase film... OH.... but wait... The customer knows what the dealer is paying for their film because the rocket scientist at VT posts prices online for anyone and everyone to see.... Genius

Guest Hondabuff
Ok Genius.... Maybe next time you need a new car stereo you should just call Alpine Electronics direct and order on up.....

Or maybe when you need a new home appliance you just call good ol' whirlpool direct and see how that goes...

If you are going to be a Manufacture or a Distributor that's what you need to do.. Don't screw your dealers by selling direct to the public... That's what the big deal is..

What VT should have done is refer the customer to their nearest dealer to purchase film... OH.... but wait... The customer knows what the dealer is paying for their film because the rocket scientist at VT posts prices online for anyone and everyone to see.... Genius

Since I work in the services industry also.....isnt the consumer mostly paying majority of the cost for the labor of the tech to apply the film. Since all you need is a Tax ID and a assumed business name, the prices are super easy to get from the dist. Grant it Lumar and Solargard are harder to get with out a higher volume shop but it is easy for anyone to obtain. After seeing the Dealer price on some of the films, I dont know how you guys make ends meet and the end of the day. If VT can get prices right from the factory and offers a product that equal to Global/Suntek....etc. It makes you "The Skilled laborer/owner" more money. I see the niche that VT is going after and makes Total sense. When you get price quotes around $300 to tint you car, I said screw it and I will do it myself. I have the luxury of being a tinter and can do it myself but others do not. I can tint alot better then alot of the cars I see that are coming out the shops in the area and see why people go the $99 route. If sams club tinted for $50, everyone would go there dispite it might not be 100% perfect but they wouldnt be shelling out $250-300 for a tint job. Bottom line is money talks and B.S. walks. If you managed to carve out a little piece of the pie with your business then good for you and I wish you the best of luck going further. No wonder every one on this forum is so Angry... :beer

Guest mr3y1956

I would add for nearly 3 decades I have been in the film biz and in the early days we worked very hard to train people how to install auto tint. We would spend all week with them and send them home with a few rolls of film in the hopes that they remembered half of what we taught them. Most failed and a few struggled thru and made it.

Since Valuetint does not offer any training at all it is hard for me to believe that someone is going to buy a roll of film from me and put you out of business.

Even though I understand where your coming from, if you follow the same logic, then Auto Mechanics would be out of work because of the parts stores on every corner.

Home Builders and Contractors would go out of business because of Home Depot and Lowes.

There is always someone who is gifted enough to figure things out but the majority of us will pay a professional to have it done correctly.

Yes.. Thanks Valuetint for selling direct to consumer :beer

I dont see what the big deal is ? You can buy from anyone pretty much without being a dealer. I dont understand why yall are so pissed at this guy for pulling off a good tint job he came in here asking a simple question and got the same story yall give everyone. I would be more worried about the $99 hacks than the one or two consumers who try and fail at pulling of a halfway decent tint job.

There are such kind things said about film manufacturers, reps and call centers on the VT homepage but there are some benefits.. we aren't a vending machine for tint, most of the majors require business documentation and that still doesn't guarantee you will be setup. :beer

I would add for nearly 3 decades I have been in the film biz and in the early days we worked very hard to train people how to install auto tint. We would spend all week with them and send them home with a few rolls of film in the hopes that they remembered half of what we taught them. Most failed and a few struggled thru and made it.

Since Valuetint does not offer any training at all it is hard for me to believe that someone is going to buy a roll of film from me and put you out of business.

Even though I understand where your coming from, if you follow the same logic, then Auto Mechanics would be out of work because of the parts stores on every corner.

Home Builders and Contractors would go out of business because of Home Depot and Lowes.

There is always someone who is gifted enough to figure things out but the majority of us will pay a professional to have it done correctly.

Bottom line... You (Valuetint) just blatently stole a sale from one of your 'dealers'..... There is NO other way to spin that...

If I was a dealer for Valuetint I would personally load every inch of my inventory and drive it back to your facility... As would I do the same for any supplier that undercuts me... That is NOT a good way to do business... Shame on you... and Shame on anyone who continues to buy film from you and accepts the back stabbing..

Do you really think if any one of Home Depot's vendors sold WHOLESALE DIRECT to consumers that they would continue to stock and support that product ?

What kind of grief would be caused if I could call Ford factory motor parts and buy parts for the same price a ford dealer pays... Then just offer up labor to the technician ??

Think about it... I STRONGLY encourage any existing Valuetint dealers to think about what I just said... and seriously weigh your buying decisions based on your belief in business ethics...

I for one do not and will not tolerate that from a supplier....

Archived