My fellow mmm haters

Not a good screen name for here can’t wait to see the avatar :lol:lol Or is somebody trying to stir the pot? :lol

The IP DOES match another member who hasn't posted much, "NEVRL8". I don't know if they are trying to stir something that is already stirred up or if they are sharing a computer or what.

Lets See. Hmm maybe I don't want my employees to know what I am posting so not sure why it really matters. Seems like you should be able to remain anonymous. Seems like your divulging info that should remain private. There are some I am courious who they are so will you divulge that out here. Mike you seem to do ok with 3M I am just not afraid to say it.

Sorry, there is a reason I don't allow multiple accounts. That was mentioned in the terms of service that you agreed to when you singed up.

One account or none.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is what I'm talking about :lol intelligent questions with NO ANSWERS beer.gif

Sorry. I didn't have time to sit at the computor. I was out installing some 3M film

Are you still hanging film? When you get the time after counting the money could you give us answers to questions posed here or do you just sell mmm because it's easy to sell and you don't really have answers. And it's computer not computor :lol

I don't care if it is better or worse thats not why I sell it. All I care about is that it does what it claims to do and I can sell it. If there is a better product but no name recognition or I have to worry about warranty claims I don't want it.

Ok, let's look at the claims. This one baffles me... you find it in their Prestige Literature:

"To measure just how impressive these films are, we created a more stringent test for their performance: Total solar energy rejected – on Angle. This test proves that our films are unsurpassed throughout the day and especially during the hottest times when you need the help most. So, when the sun is working hardest, our films are performing their best."

Are their films "unsurpassed throughout the day?" If so, in what way and how do you quantify that? :lol

who cares its just verbage some pr person wrote. Who even reads that stuff besides you?\

THis is where you are wrong, 3m boy. It is not 'just verbage some pr person wrote'. It is false and misleading. This is skewed test data, falsely worked to mislead the general public. THeir IR test data uses such a narrow band, that the test, in and of itself, is wrong. They do not test the full range of IR since they know that their film, along with many others, will have true readings that would work against them. But, again, since they have that 'well known logo', it is believed to be true. This is why I still believe that one of the other members here who is 'only working with them' for referring work is giving his customers a disservice also. I will not say that their films are garbage versus what I sell, but feel that other films can and do offer better options. Options that should be offered to customers so they can make an honest and educated decision on what they purchase, not what is being fed to them. twocents.gif

VC, it will bevery hard to get him to honestly look at what you post, since it appears he drank the kool aid already!!!!...................... :lol

AND 3mfan ....dual accounts??? that leaves everything you post as suspect. Hmmmmmmmm

Guest vclimber
:lol2 I'd just like to have a discussion with him. I don't want to call anyone names or degrade them, I just want to discuss the issues raised. TD it's your call I'm not offended, I didn't like the title of the thread or the way it started but I do like the opportunity to engage a fellow professional in a discussion. :lol2

no way he will "see" anything V

I can honestly say that in my 10 years doing this I have NEVER had anyone ask me for 3M. I have only had ONE person ask for any brand name film and that was Llumar for auto!

I can say that I never heard of 3M window films before I expressed interest in doing it as a business. The only window film I knew was the Sun-gard and Trim-brite DIY films that I could buy locally....oh and whatever film Wal-mart was selling at that time....20 years ago.

Same here Lil. Ive had more people ask for Llumar or Sun/SolarGard when it comes to automotive, and maybe 3-5 ask about 3M. Never, NEVER, have I had someone ask for 3M for flat glass use. 3M is just a recognized logo. I dont think people would have more trust in the product b/c their post-it notes stick to the bottom of their monitors.

:lol2 I'd just like to have a discussion with him. I don't want to call anyone names or degrade them, I just want to discuss the issues raised. TD it's your call I'm not offended, I didn't like the title of the thread or the way it started but I do like the opportunity to engage a fellow professional in a discussion. :lol2

V, didnt you have a link up at one time showing other films tested "on angle", that showed they also performed better, if not even better than 3M? Im not sure what the full spectrum is of the sun, but Im sure its not limited to 900nm-1000nm....I see a problem with that footnote.

I just get mad when people create second accounts. I didn't even suspect it until others said it might be the case, so I checked it out and sure enough that was the case. Then I was accused of 'throwing people under the bus'. I hate it when I lose my temper, but that really pissed me off and I decided just to pull the thread if that was the direction it was going to go. This morning I decided to delete that accusation and move the thread back into the General.

I think that there is a great deal of good information on this thread and THAT info should be kept rather the whole thread is kept or not....

Ric, kick them in the teeth if they are pulling crap like the double account bit....

I think that there is a great deal of good information on this thread and THAT info should be kept rather the whole thread is kept or not....

Ric, kick them in the teeth if they are pulling crap like the double account bit....

Calling them out seems to work well. :lol2

If you can't say something with your name behind it, then maybe it shouldn't be said. :lol2

Archived