My fellow mmm haters

Not a good screen name for here can’t wait to see the avatar :spit:spit Or is somebody trying to stir the pot? :dunno

The IP DOES match another member who hasn't posted much, "NEVRL8". I don't know if they are trying to stir something that is already stirred up or if they are sharing a computer or what.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If 3M is so bad and Llumar is so good why are there so many former Vista dealers now Prestige Dealers? At the annual meetings I saw several large former Vista Dealers there.

Dear 3M fan:

This is the type of comment that might spur some emotion within the tintdude community.

Nothing is ever as simple as the question you posed. Your premise is faulty and the fact that some current and former Vista dealers are there doesn't meet the burden of drawing any conclusions. I can assure you that many former and current 3M dealers attend the Vista dealer meetings every year. My guess is more attend when/if these meetings are held in Cancun or Vegas.

Let me try to enlighten you.

3M is a terrific American company that has made fine products for 106 years. They are market leaders in adhesives and abrasives. 3M is an international company with diversity and dedicated employees.

3M is a well respected Fortune 500 company that has instant credibility and recognition that can add profitability to a marketing plan and advertising strategy. This halo effect works to some degree when it's translated to the window film business which is a very small part of 3M's sales.

LLumar, Vista FormulaOne, Gila, etc. are brands of CP Films, the market leader by any measure. They are to window film what 3M is to duct tape.

There are also superior films manufactured by Bekaert, Madico, Southwall (V-Kool, Huper Optik) SunTek, Garware, Johnson, Hanita and Solamatrix.

Obviously many dealers have their favorite in terms of past experience and loyalty, how that manufacturer treated them, or not, performance, cost and value and some measure of territory protection (OR NOT!)

For automotive films these companies and CP Films amount to 97% of the market share in the USA.

Flat glass close to 90% of the USA share

That's reality.

As a 3M competitor I give them their due when we discuss recognition or perception.

When it comes to performance of film that's an entirely different subject and as someone once said to paraphrase "Don't pee on my boots and tell me it's raining!"

If 3M is so bad and Llumar is so good why are there so many former Vista dealers now Prestige Dealers? At the annual meetings I saw several large former Vista Dealers there.

Dear 3M fan:

This is the type of comment that might spur some emotion within the tintdude community.

Nothing is ever as simple as the question you posed. Your premise is faulty and the fact that some current and former Vista dealers are there doesn't meet the burden of drawing any conclusions. I can assure you that many former and current 3M dealers attend the Vista dealer meetings every year. My guess is more attend when/if these meetings are held in Cancun or Vegas.

Let me try to enlighten you.

3M is a terrific American company that has made fine products for 106 years. They are market leaders in adhesives and abrasives. 3M is an international company with diversity and dedicated employees.

3M is a well respected Fortune 500 company that has instant credibility and recognition that can add profitability to a marketing plan and advertising strategy. This halo effect works to some degree when it's translated to the window film business which is a very small part of 3M's sales.

LLumar, Vista FormulaOne, Gila, etc. are brands of CP Films, the market leader by any measure. They are to window film what 3M is to duct tape.

There are also superior films manufactured by Bekaert, Madico, Southwall (V-Kool, Huper Optik) SunTek, Garware, Johnson, Hanita and Solamatrix.

Obviously many dealers have their favorite in terms of past experience and loyalty, how that manufacturer treated them, or not, performance, cost and value and some measure of territory protection (OR NOT!)

For automotive films these companies and CP Films amount to 97% of the market share in the USA.

Flat glass close to 90% of the USA share

That's reality.

As a 3M competitor I give them their due when we discuss recognition or perception.

When it comes to performance of film that's an entirely different subject and as someone once said to paraphrase "Don't pee on my boots and tell me it's raining!"

Very well said. I wish I were able to to articulate it that well.

Guest absolutetinting

I don't hate on manus., I hate what they do and their idoit reps.

remember one thing, be thankful 3m iinvent the film. you would not be here if it wasn't for them.

I don't hate on manus., I hate what they do and their idoit reps.

remember one thing, be thankful 3m invented the film. you would not be here if it wasn't for them.

that is something I've heard otherwise when it comes to manufactures over seas :dunno

Not a good screen name for here can’t wait to see the avatar :beer:dunno Or is somebody trying to stir the pot? :spit

The IP DOES match another member who hasn't posted much, "NEVRL8". I don't know if they are trying to stir something that is already stirred up or if they are sharing a computer or what.

Busted :spit

Archived