SOLAR FREE

Guest DUKECITYTINT

That is what I took it as! I was Assuming. Makes and ass out of u and me but w/e. Ive seen it before a couple of times It happens. Dirt dust small hair anything can get inbetween the liner and film when being made. Some other people have mentioned it before on here. Rare but happens. With the thousands miles of film that is made im surprised it doesnt happen more.

I know I sometimes think the same thing. But then you see the production rooms and the ISO specs and the air filtration systems and the protective coverings and it makes it different

Ahhhh now we have touched on subject that I am very qualified to jump into. I am a Validation Engineer in the Biotech world and a lot of our clean rooms meet and exceed ISO specs, but no matter what you do, it is near impossible to absolutely remove dust and dirt. That is why even with the engineering controls in place they still come through 2 times a day to clean. I am certain that the tint manu's do not go to the extreme we do in clean room isolation and I still find dirt. The only saving grace is that it is not an open process for the drug products I work with. Now you say that you have seen the ISO spec, but have you actually toured the facility? For our clean rooms, one of the specs is that we have 25 air changes per hour. in most cases we far exceed that by at least 10 times, and it does not eliminate dust. In a closed loop system like they use with HEPA filters, there is generally one or two air intake points, and anything that is not near them has the potential to settle where ever it wants. Meeting a spec does not mean that it is a lock to keep the dust out, but shows that you are trying to do your best to control. :dunno

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is what I took it as! I was Assuming. Makes and ass out of u and me but w/e. Ive seen it before a couple of times It happens. Dirt dust small hair anything can get inbetween the liner and film when being made. Some other people have mentioned it before on here. Rare but happens. With the thousands miles of film that is made im surprised it doesnt happen more.

I know I sometimes think the same thing. But then you see the production rooms and the ISO specs and the air filtration systems and the protective coverings and it makes it different

Ahhhh now we have touched on subject that I am very qualified to jump into. I am a Validation Engineer in the Biotech world and a lot of our clean rooms meet and exceed ISO specs, but no matter what you do, it is near impossible to absolutely remove dust and dirt. That is why even with the engineering controls in place they still come through 2 times a day to clean. I am certain that the tint manu's do not go to the extreme we do in clean room isolation and I still find dirt. The only saving grace is that it is not an open process for the drug products I work with. Now you say that you have seen the ISO spec, but have you actually toured the facility? For our clean rooms, one of the specs is that we have 25 air changes per hour. in most cases we far exceed that by at least 10 times, and it does not eliminate dust. In a closed loop system like they use with HEPA filters, there is generally one or two air intake points, and anything that is not near them has the potential to settle where ever it wants. Meeting a spec does not mean that it is a lock to keep the dust out, but shows that you are trying to do your best to control. :asshat:

Balzyone, now YOU have touched on a subject I know well.........Cleanrooms. My company does installation of rooms nationwide. We just finished a modification (addition ) today and are doing a full install of two larger systems in the next two weeks. Where are you located? PM me and let me know. We may be able to helpl each other out.

These people contacted me offering up a sample. I said sure but I do NOT want some cheap purple crap don't even waste my time. Well they did. The film was purple as all get out right off the roll. And to boot when I called and said do you have something not so purple I do not want purple the guy argued with me and called me a liar that the film was purple and if I didn't like it then to send it back. Like I am going to pay to ship it back.LOL I actually used it on a showroom sample for cheap purple HACK films HAHA thanks solarfree

Bad film bad customer service and even worse product knowledge. You were rude to me and you were trying to earn my business. NO THANKS!

These people contacted me offering up a sample. I said sure but I do NOT want some cheap purple crap don't even waste my time. Well they did. The film was purple as all get out right off the roll. And to boot when I called and said do you have something not so purple I do not want purple the guy argued with me and called me a liar that the film was purple and if I didn't like it then to send it back. Like I am going to pay to ship it back.LOL I actually used it on a showroom sample for cheap purple HACK films HAHA thanks solarfree

Bad film bad customer service and even worse product knowledge. You were rude to me and you were trying to earn my business. NO THANKS!

No company sends purple film (including solarfree). Yes, you are lying. You probably got bad customer service because your words are incoherent. I received great customer service because I am not rude.

FYI, films can have problems (adhesive failures, clarity issues, etc) but no company will send purple film. If you decide to flame a company, do it with good reason like scotty.

If you say its really purple, take a picture and show it to us. You said you were going to post pictures of galaxie, show me that the film is purple and I will fully apologize to you.

Haha no need to apologize you are entitled to your opinion. I have thrown the film out but it was purple right of the roll so no pictures and I am not here to get into a DMC they lost a potential cusy that's not my problem.

So you are saying that Gila film is not purple? They sell it in the store as high quality film and it is purple........ oh wait companies don't do that LOL and that's oh mighty CP films.

Haha no need to apologize you are entitled to your opinion. I have thrown the film out but it was purple right of the roll so no pictures and I am not here to get into a DMC they lost a potential cusy that's not my problem.

So you are saying that Gila film is not purple? They sell it in the store as high quality film and it is purple........ oh wait companies don't do that LOL and that's oh mighty CP films.

Yes I'm entitled to my opinion and I can back it up with proof that the film is not purple. Unlike you, I will back up my words with pictures that I will post in the upcoming week. I will show pictures that the film is not purple, and if you still claim that it is purple, then you are colorblind and should stop tinting all together. I would hate to be one of your customers because for all we know, you could be tinting cars with yellow film. One more thing, you seriously need to work on your grammar.

You are actually good at calling me. 7 years self employed,a 3000 square foot shop and 30+ dealers. Yep yellow film for me no need for quality. Look up my shop and stop bye sometime and let's see how you run your mouthto my face when your not behind that keyboard. Why the negativity do you have a part in this company? Or are you one of those e-thugs who has nothing better to do?

Guest scottydosnntkno
I always thought Gila was more of a green/blue, maybe that's just the baller 2.5% at aurozone.

:lol I used it wayyy back when I started. I thought it was extremely blue/green also, not purple.

Archived