How that's TB working out for you?

Holy %&$# I just lost an essay of typing. Well cliff's notes. Again, this whole situation was my fault. Much like Stan said, Howard does not make unfounded claims about his product, but, through much of my looking through past posts he also answers many of the important questions with a glancing blow. Much of what can be read in to his posts about his products leave much more said by what is not said than the actual statements made. It's a life lesson to me and maybe something something brought to the attention of others before putting their family's source of income on the line. Do you honestly think if it had been stated that there is a possibility the film will look like trash in 6 months that I or anyone else would have bought it?

Either way, I should thank Howard for giving me an opportunity to go above and beyond with a customer. He showed up yesterday with lunch for my co-worker and I! We re-tinted the car and you could tell he was super thankful, almost that kind of thankful where he is in disbelief that it happened. I had also helped him with another issue with an ill-fitting door glass another shop installed, again someone trying to save a buck on something cheap (lesson learned). The glass shop had told him they bent the door in a break in when actually the glass wasn't curved properly to fit the door. When it's all said and done, his nice new little 2010 mazda looks nice and new again. Not some bucket rolling around with an poorly fitting window and old nasty tint. He was happy, I was happy, I learned a lesson that no matter how good their "customer service" is, a salesperson is a salesperson whether is be cars, coffins or tint and the only person looking out for you in business is you.

P1010817.jpg

P1010816.jpg

P1010815.jpg

P1010814.jpg

2011-06-16155958_Albuquerque_NewMexico_US.jpg

2011-06-16160015_Albuquerque_NewMexico_US.jpg

2011-06-16160021_Albuquerque_NewMexico_US.jpg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi The /// Man,

You are very good with that camera. Please do the following:

Window films contain metamaric pigments, which means that they will appear quite different depending upon the lighting. The pics you are sending are shot under fluorescent light, which is not flattering for any window film.

Please do this:

SAVE that removed film. Take it outside and hold it up to the clear sunlight sky side-by-side with a piece of True Black right off the roll (I will send you one if you need it). Then post pics of the aged vs. un-aged side by side.

Are you able?

-Howard

Hi The /// Man,

Window films contain metamaric pigments, which means that they will appear quite different depending upon the lighting. The pics you are sending are shot under fluorescent light, which is not flattering for any window film.

Please do this:

SAVE that removed film. Take it outside and hold it up to the clear sunlight sky side-by-side with a piece of True Black right off the roll (I will send you one if you need it). Then post pics of the aged vs. un-aged side by side.

Are you able?

-Howard

P1010815.jpg

Holy quarter inch gap Batman!!!! :krazy:lol

Hi The /// Man,

Please do this:

Are you able?

-Howard

:boogie

Hi The /// Man,

Please do this:

Are you able?

-Howard

I was using some maxpro the other day and it looked so brown on my peelboard i almost tossed all the film in the can and broke out my regular film, but when i pulled the car outside i thought it looked pretty nice, couldn't see the brown at all anymore...It's strange stuff how that works :boogie

I was using some maxpro the other day and it looked so brown on my peelboard i almost tossed all the film in the can and broke out my regular film, but when i pulled the car outside i thought it looked pretty nice, couldn't see the brown at all anymore...It's strange stuff how that works :boogie

Hi Micro-Edge,

It's not strange at all. It's the laws of physics. We hear this all the time.

Window films contain metamaric colors. As the light changes, so changes the appearance of the film. Since cars are typically driven in daylight (as opposed to fluorescent lit rooms) the color should be always be assessed in daylight; hence my request to have The /// Man shoot pics with a clear blue sky background.

Just as with the MaxPro example you cited, the difference is dramatic when viewed in daylight.

-Howard

Film is long gone, and to be honest, it looked worse outside. I don't know if I told the story about seeing the car before I knew it was one I tinted, over at the dealer parking lot. It was a very ugly brown, I saw the car pulling in to the dealer service bay and remarked in my head who would put taht ugly brown tint on a car. It wasn't until later they came by the shop that I found out it was a car I had tinted.

I am going to give to put the ball in Howard's court here. If you don't like this thread, I will do what I can to get it removed. If you stand behind your product, then I have said all that I can say, you can have said what you have said, and it will be just another tool window film professionals can have in their decisions about their day to day operations. I am not faulting for the film, I am not looking for anything more than maybe a little heads up like "Hey, that might not last more than 3 months where you live".

Film is long gone

You just posted the pic 3 hours ago. You are unable to pull it from the trash bin?

Micro-Edge had the same observation on brand new film.

-Howard

Archived