How that's TB working out for you?

Actually, from the pics you can see a big difference in the film's color if you look at the parts that were behind the border (where the arrows are pointing).

P1010816edit.jpg

But even still, expecting a film that does not claim to be CS, to be CS is absurd IMO.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Film is long gone

Micro-Edge had the same observation on brand new film.

-Howard

He said his was very noticable from outside also which i didn't observe this :krazy And even if he just posted the pic 3 hrs ago that doesn't mean that was when he actually took the pic :lol

Film is long gone

You just posted the pic 3 hours ago. You are unable to pull it from the trash bin?

Micro-Edge had the same observation on brand new film.

-Howard

I posted the picture 3 hours ago, the picture was taken yesterday afternoon.

And even if he just posted the pic 3 hrs ago that doesn't mean that was when he actually took the pic :krazy

Hi Micro-Edge,

You are correct. But it had to be sometime after lunchtime yesterday and 3 hours ago. Maybe he did coincidentally get his trash picked up sometime after lunch yesterday and earlier this morning.

It would have been very helpful to have the pics. I have aged samples I can post, but coming from him would have been much better.

-Howard

But even still, expecting a film that does not claim to be CS, to be CS is absurd IMO.

I didn't not say I expected it to be color stable for any period of time, I did however expect more from it, 100% my fault.

He said his was very noticeable from outside also which i didn't observe this

Hi Micro-Edge,

According to The /// Man, neither did his customer.

-Howard

And even if he just posted the pic 3 hrs ago that doesn't mean that was when he actually took the pic :krazy

Hi Micro-Edge,

You are correct. But it had to be sometime after lunchtime yesterday and 3 hours ago. Maybe he did coincidentally get his trash picked up sometime after lunch yesterday and earlier this morning.

It would have been very helpful to have the pics. I have aged samples I can post, but coming from him would have been much better.

-Howard

If it pleases you I will go climb in our 15y dumpster and dig around through 3 businesses worth of trash to see if I can find it.

Hi The /// Man,

If you read this string from the beginning:

You originally reported that the film has been on the car for 15 months and that the customer did not notice any changes.

Subsequently, you stated the film goes bad in 6 months

Subsequently, you stated the film goes bad in 3 months

You stated that continued use of the film would make you look like the worst shop in town. Later, you stated that you don't fault the film.

You insinuated that I am not candid and forthcoming in my communications, after acknowledging that you "never discussed film selection" with the dealership. As for your statement that the dealer "did not care what went on the car", I don't believe a word of it. Anytime anyone spends that kind of money, they care.

You scoured all of Tintdude for my posts on this topic, but conspicuously omitted EWF's policy on dealership work - which directly related to this subject. Thank you justin8.

Micro-Edge posts that he observed a Bronze appearance in a brand new roll of film, only to see things differently outside in daylight. I made a reasonable request for you to post pictures of aged vs. un-aged film with a daylight backdrop. Three hours after posting the pics - the film is long gone.

Whether or not you decide to pull the post down is entirely up to you. I do want to point something out however:

Whenever you (or I) or anyone for that matter posts up here, it says as much about you as it does about the subject matter you are posting on. People will form an opinion based on your content, vocabulary, grammar, spelling, sentence structure, writing style, ability to communicate and how forthcoming and consistent you are. If you want to leave this string up here - it's AOK with me.

I am glad things worked out with that customer. You saved them from a problem they did not even know they had.

-Howard

Archived