Do you believe, we are in trouble?

Didn't you prove to be right Fat Cat?

The shakeup in all levels and aspects of window tinting has never seen such an upheaval as what is occurring now.

If someone could have foreseen this decades ago, they would have thought it not possible.

It is becoming so convoluted day by day, I just can't be bothered trying to figure out who is doing who and I'd rather conserve my peace of mind.

Devil

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone had any doubt in the past who was the #1 window film company in the world. All of those thoughts should now be a thing of the past. What I think would be adventitious to a shop owner, would be to speak with a Eastman rep and understand the direction they are heading with window film. IMO, they are putting their money where their mouth is. We were told a few years ago that the sleeping giant was awakened, and all other window film brands would just be classified as "also ran's"

If anyone had any doubt in the past who was the #1 window film company in the world. All of those thoughts should now be a thing of the past. What I think would be adventitious to a shop owner, would be to speak with a Eastman rep and understand the direction they are heading with window film. IMO, they are putting their money where their mouth is. We were told a few years ago that the sleeping giant was awakened, and all other window film brands would just be classified as "also ran's"

:hmmm ............... "also ran's" .................. ?

:hmmm ............... "also ran's" .................. ?

"Also ran" is a reference to horse racing. There are win place and show prizes. Then the also ran ( rest of the pack )

The shakeup in all levels and aspects of window tinting has never seen such an upheaval as what is occurring now.

If someone could have foreseen this decades ago, they would have thought it not possible.

It is becoming so convoluted day by day, I just can't be bothered trying to figure out who is doing who and I'd rather conserve my peace of mind.

Devil

Things might get more anal, Devil.

Look, Oil prices crashed by nearly 50% since the middle of 2014 but I doubt any manny will consider to drop our tint prices by 5%.

Future sales growth in our industry will have to be sustained by price increment or higher profit margins, NOT WIDER USE OF TINTS.

Great, I'll contact my East man rep for Sydney. ... oh wait, we're not allowed them

:dunno , What does you mean????
Toms right. Llumar would be the greatest film company around. It's a shame they gave exclusive distribution rights to the most rotten scum in our industry. Myself and many others would love Llumar products in out line but refuse to buy from their distributor. I have turned down 3 flat glass jobs in the last 5 weeks because I had to match Llumar.

Ya see boys, the reason why us aussies are harping on about UltraGard isn't just because it's a great product. It's the only film supplier here who doesn't lie to your face and try to steal your work with your back turned or isn't trying to destroy the I dusty through greed.

I really hope now that Llumar has St that they will break away from mep distribution and serve the independent sector and not the franchised one

35, I only know a little about the Aussie / Llumar situation. I don't know what MEP has arranged by contract with the Eastman group as far as exclusivity. One would assume they purchase a significant amount of film to sustain such a captive audience. I absolutely do not agree with a distributor playing the install game too. We had it here with another brand, and we will never buy a single square foot of that material ever again. I would think that the total SF of film used throughout Aussie is significant, but I can also see that Eastman would rather have 1 point of distribution for a market like yours. In other words, maybe they would rather sell 10 million SF to 1 company instead of 10,000 sf to 1000 guys.

Archived