71 Camaro

TintWizard

I had prolly 8-10 IROCs from 85-89. When they first came out they were the cats azz, Then they got stale, I'm starting to like the 88-89 with a 350tpi and t tops again

My brother and I are rebuilding an 89 Iroc hard top right now, doing a supercharged LT1 in it :)

back glass is all dried now from yesterday's tint. Man you can't compare the quality of a tint job on an antique car when pulling the back glass vs cutting it short around the old sealant.

I'm convincing more and more antique car owners to go this route and spend the extra money. It's a win-win, the temp job will always come out better in respects to the edges as there is zero contamination and no light gaps at all.

Not to mention a lot easier on the tenter to tempt the back window in the first place. Pics to come later this afternoon :DD

TW are you using the glass primers to make a black "frit band" on those windows like that? Makes for a real nice look and keeps the tint off the very edge of the glass where the seal could hit....

TW are you using the glass primers to make a black "frit band" on those windows like that? Makes for a real nice look and keeps the tint off the very edge of the glass where the seal could hit....

No need to. I have a 1/4 inch clear glass border . Tint dries overnight . New sealant is applied around border and reinstalled, metal trim out back on and end result is no contamination, no light gaps, just tint edge hidden by chrome :thumb

Archived